It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > FREE: Canadian Contests 'n Freebies > Freebie/contest help {get help with freebies/contests here}

Freebie/contest help {get help with freebies/contests here}

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   14 15 16 17   18   19 20 21 22  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Nov 29, 2007  10:06 AM 256

Originally posted by cqueen2
a good friend just ask me this ....." someone contacted and told me i won a trip because of a survey i filled out on-line but they told me i need to register and asked for banking information .. but they have callled 3 times and i callled them back and the # was laget, for some reason i am supposed to go on-line with someone of the phone who is going to walk me through some sort of regsitry process, i know i filled out the survey cause it was just yesturday and we went through the survey together over the phone and they had my answers, they said i was the 1 millionant person to log on to the goggle site and thats why i won what do u think? I don't want to be fooled out of any money and i find it hard to believe that this is real"

What you think about it ..to me it don't sound real...

I have NEVER heard of a contest where you won the next day or of a contest where the millionth person won anything-this is a popular scam come-on.
NO legitimate contest would require or ask for your banking info.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
cqueen2  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add cqueen2 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from cqueen2
Send a Private Message to cqueen2!

Committed in Nov 2006
I'm in Cape Sable Island
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 113
Nov 29, 2007  3:27 PM 257

thanks, that what i said to her and we did find out it was a scam ...

total win so far $5095.88
Dahlia  
Recently Committed Human
Add Dahlia to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dahlia
Send a Private Message to Dahlia!

Committed in Dec 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 12
Nov 29, 2007  4:10 PM 258

Where can this be reported to? Stupid scammers.

robot_chicken  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add robot_chicken to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from robot_chicken
Send a Private Message to robot_chicken!

Committed in Dec 2005
I'm in beautiful bc....

Addiction Index™: 298
Nov 29, 2007  4:29 PM 259

i think the key words here are "millionth", "banking info" and "winner". even the bank you actually deal with will never call you or email you asking for your details. i am very glad that you and your friend discoved this was a scam before any info was provided. i actually bought my laptop through mdg on credit, some one called me at 11:00 pm and proceeded to ask my for my SIN and banking info, i freaked. it is sad how many scam artists are out there, i read yesterday about a spammer who actually goes though funeral listings and then contacts the family of the deceased to ask for money that is "owed".

sorry, i'm done my rant now!

never play leapfrog with a unicorn...
neonmama  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add neonmama to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from neonmama
Send a Private Message to neonmama!

Committed in Aug 2006
I'm in
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 453
Nov 29, 2007  5:36 PM 260

Shop at Chapters.Indigo.ca for Great Savings!

Just received an email from The Henderson Robb Group about an Allstate contest I won a $20 Cdn Tire gift card from. It contained the eligibility affadavit for me to fill out and return. I had already answered a STQ in order to receive these forms. It all looks official and asks for things like name, address, etc but it also asks for my SIN number. Is this normal? I don't want to fax them out until I get another opinion and you fishies are so smart with these things!

Wins since August 2006 - over $20,000
Diamond  
Recently Committed Human
Add Diamond to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Diamond
Send a Private Message to Diamond!

Committed in Nov 2005
I'm in Picton
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 14
Nov 29, 2007  6:24 PM 261

Anyone know if Chapman's is doing the free calenders again this year??!! I love their calenders (very cute and colourful), but haven't seen them anywhere.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Keykey  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Keykey to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Keykey
Send a Private Message to Keykey!

Committed in Jul 2006
I'm in
ON
Addiction Index™: 443
Nov 29, 2007  6:54 PM 262

Originally posted by neonmama
Just received an email from The Henderson Robb Group about an Allstate contest I won a $20 Cdn Tire gift card from. It contained the eligibility affadavit for me to fill out and return. I had already answered a STQ in order to receive these forms. It all looks official and asks for things like name, address, etc but it also asks for my SIN number. Is this normal? I don't want to fax them out until I get another opinion and you fishies are so smart with these things!

I won the same contest. I e-mail the contact person this week and no reply. I won my gift card two weeks ago. I would not give out your SIN to any contests release form. I win contests all the time and I have never been asked that. I am waiting for a reply and if I get the same release form I will contact Allstate Head Office.

Dragyn  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Dragyn to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dragyn
Send a Private Message to Dragyn!

Committed in Sep 2001
I'm in Winnipeg ... (I think!)
MB
Addiction Index™: 319
Nov 29, 2007  11:59 PM 263

Originally posted by Diamond
Anyone know if Chapman's is doing the free calenders again this year??!! I love their calenders (very cute and colourful), but haven't seen them anywhere.

I emailed them last week asking about the calendars and was told they would be out around the beginning of December. They said to keep checking their website.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
justlee  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add justlee to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from justlee
Send a Private Message to justlee!

Committed in Jul 2005
I'm in 2 miles past the middle of nowhere
Paradise AKA PEI
Addiction Index™: 1390
Nov 30, 2007  4:46 AM 264

I would NOT give my SIN..look at it this way..is a $20 GC really worth giving all your personal info for?

Be yourself; the world has enough other people!" -- Uri, 2005.
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Nov 30, 2007  5:17 AM 265

This contest must be from a US company, where this info is always asked because all winnings are taxable in the US.
Just include an explanatory note that you are Canadian, where prize winnings are not taxed, and we are told not to give out our SIN except to banks and employers.

neonmama  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add neonmama to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from neonmama
Send a Private Message to neonmama!

Committed in Aug 2006
I'm in
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 453
Nov 30, 2007  10:38 AM 266

Originally posted by dewcat
This contest must be from a US company, where this info is always asked because all winnings are taxable in the US.
Just include an explanatory note that you are Canadian, where prize winnings are not taxed, and we are told not to give out our SIN except to banks and employers.

Thanks everyone. I have spoken to the organizers and they have told me to submit the form leaving that section blank.

Wins since August 2006 - over $20,000
Babysitter  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Babysitter to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Babysitter
Send a Private Message to Babysitter!Visit Babysitter's homepage!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in Fredericton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 1482
Nov 30, 2007  12:28 PM 267

Anyone get a FRENCH email saying they won Emporio Armani Diamonds fragrance with an approximate retail value of 70(beyonce).

http://www.emporioarmanidiamonds.ca/en/rules/
This site says it's still ongoing..and I can't read it.

http://bd.lilypie.com/kyhWm3/.png
cqueen2  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add cqueen2 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from cqueen2
Send a Private Message to cqueen2!

Committed in Nov 2006
I'm in Cape Sable Island
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 113
Nov 30, 2007  1:21 PM 268

yes i got the same email ..what do you think the contest is still going on

total win so far $5095.88
off the wall  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add off the wall to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from off the wall
Send a Private Message to off the wall!

Committed in Aug 2004
I'm in
BC
Addiction Index™: 137
Nov 30, 2007  1:45 PM 269

i sent them an email yesterday and the was the resopnce i got back

Thank you for taking the time to contact us!
Our 2008 Calendar will be available late in December. Keep checking the website to submit a request for yours when you see the calendar link.

Please continue to explore the website and enjoy the Kid's Club.

Kindest regards "From Our Family To Yours...",

DAVID CHAPMAN'S ICE CREAM LIMITED

so yes they will be availbe soon.

Originally posted by Diamond

say what you mean,and mean what you say because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind
jacqui  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add jacqui to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from jacqui
Send a Private Message to jacqui!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in bloomfield
new brunswick
Addiction Index™: 441
Dec 01, 2007  2:22 PM 270

Originally posted by Babysitter
Anyone get a FRENCH email saying they won Emporio Armani Diamonds fragrance with an approximate retail value of 70(beyonce).

http://www.emporioarmanidiamonds.ca/en/rules/
This site says it's still ongoing..and I can't read it.

Yes ,I was wondering what it said .

Félicitations, vous avez gagné le nouveau parfum Emporio Armani Diamonds de Beyoncé !

C’est avec grand plaisir que nous vous annonçons que vous avez gagné le nouveau parfum Emporio Armani Diamonds de Beyoncé de format 50 ml.

Pour recevoir votre prix, vous devez répondre à ce courriel dans les 7 jours suivant sa réception. Assurez-vous de répondre à la question d’habileté mathématique ci-dessous et n’oubliez pas de lire et d’accepter le formulaire de déclaration d’exonération de responsabilité.

Encore une fois félicitations et merci d’avoir participé !

LAW OF PROBABILITY:The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   14 15 16 17   18   19 20 21 22  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > FREE: Canadian Contests 'n Freebies > Freebie/contest help {get help with freebies/contests here}   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:51 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)