It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Norton Antivirus 2002 for $10US shipped

Norton Antivirus 2002 for $10US shipped

Go to FIRST page   1   2 3  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 3
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
May 15, 2002  1:08 PM 1

From the Deals page:

Get Norton Antivirus 2002 for a measley $10US. This is probably a non-boxed version, but you still get 1 year of free virus updates. Cheapest competing price is Dragon.ca for $30, so this is definitely nibble-worthy.

The $10US is for shipping -- the value of the item is $0. This means there is no chance that you will be hit with any customs charges - yay.

NAV for $10US

Costa The Slaveboy
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
bylo  
I live for Juju!
Add bylo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bylo
Send a Private Message to bylo!Visit bylo's homepage!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Addiction Index™: 3053
May 15, 2002  2:33 PM 2

Nice um, catch!

Their website sez "Shipping to Canada and Mexico is $7.99 " here even though it says $9.99 on the page you cited

They also offer Quicken 2002 for $8.99 here (someone was asking about this the other day.)

Any idea why they say the publishers of this software are Accolade and Berkeley (rather than Symantec and Intuit)? (See here.)

Edited by bylo on
May 15, 2002 at 2:39 PM

Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Cyanne to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Cyanne
Send a Private Message to Cyanne!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Addiction Index™: 542
May 15, 2002  3:17 PM 3 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

And to think I just received my copy of Quicken 2002 from intuit today! I'm now severely tempted to take advantage of their guarantee and return it in favor of this, clearly better, deal, but can anyone vouch for this place? The deal seems almost too good. I got this from their FAQ:

How do I know FreeSoftwareNow is a legitimate company?
FreeSoftwareNow has been in business since 1999 (almost a dinosaur in internet years) but the best this you can do is look us up at BizRate. Those ratings and comments are made by FreeSoftwareNow customers and are completely independent of FreeSoftwareNow.com

and yet there are no hits whatsoever for FreeSoftwareNow on bizrate. Odd, that.

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
May 15, 2002  3:53 PM 4

Originally posted by bylo
Nice um, catch!

Their website sez "Shipping to Canada and Mexico is $7.99 " here even though it says $9.99 on the page you cited

They also offer Quicken 2002 for $8.99 here (someone was asking about this the other day.)

I had noticed the conflicting shipping rates and did a dummy checkout before posting. The total in the cart was $9.99 (as of yesterday).

Cyanne, I've never ordered from these people, but their other company, http://magazinerewards.com has been around for a year or so (the mags are US-only BTW).

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
May 15, 2002 at 4:02 PM

Unregistered  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
May 16, 2002  11:54 AM 5

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs I've never ordered from these people

OK then, wish me luck. I just placed an order. My wife tells me that her sister called and said that she thinks her PC may be infected with a virus

P.S. if anyone else wants to give these folks a try, make sure you place an order for each item separately. That way even if they screw up and declare as value the amout you paid, it will be under the CA$20 minimum so you won't get hit with the GST or worse, with Canada Post's $5 extortioncollection fee.

bylo  
I live for Juju!
Add bylo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bylo

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
May 16, 2002  11:57 AM 6

Hmmm...on the previous page it shows "bylo" as logged on, but when I posted the above it says "Unregistered." And as I post this I have to key in my Nickname and Password. Weird!

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
May 16, 2002  12:04 PM 7

Well if they're fly-by-night, then they sure go to a lot of trouble to fool people even after they've been had

I just got this e-mail confirmation from them:

Hello Bylo,

My name is Robyn and I am your Customer Service Manager. Please check your order below carefully so I can insure your complete satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this order, email me or call me so I can resolve any issues there may be.

In the future, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about your order or any future needs that you may have.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Robyn,
FreeSoftwareNow.com
561-893-9099

Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Cyanne to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Cyanne
Send a Private Message to Cyanne!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Addiction Index™: 542
May 16, 2002  4:11 PM 8

I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth it to order this one and return the onw I bought last week. Can you let us know how your purchase goes bylo?

Thanks.

Unregistered  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
May 29, 2002  7:50 AM 9

Originally posted by Cyanne Can you let us know how your purchase goes bylo?

So far nothing. Unfortunately I can't check the status of my US$ VISA online, so I don't know if they've run the $10 through yet.

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
May 29, 2002  8:01 AM 10

Originally posted by Unregisteredbylo
So far nothing. Unfortunately I can't check the status of my US$ VISA online, so I don't know if they've run the $10 through yet.

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
May 29, 2002  4:30 PM 11

Hmmm...either I spoke too soon or the Gods were listening. Anyway my NAV CD arrived in today's post. They filled out the customs declaration as a $2.00 gift and it sailed through.

The CD itself is a genuine NAV 2002 CD dated 9/01 so its fairly current. Haven't had a chance to install it yet. BTW there's a full manual on the CD in PDF.

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
May 29, 2002  6:29 PM 12

It's the full version of NAV with 1 year of free updates that starts when you register the product. It calls home automatically to get new virus updatse, scans incoming/outgoing e-mails, scans your PC on a schedule, etc. Nice product and well worth the $10. Sure hope I can get the same deal from them next year

BTW, be prepared to download about 8MBytes of program updates and virus definitions. (A high-speed Internet connection is a great help.)

bcmom  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add bcmom to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bcmom
Send a Private Message to bcmom!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in ept
BC (where'd ya think?)
Addiction Index™: 543
May 29, 2002  7:31 PM 13

Thanks, I sent the link to my aunt who keeps spreading her viruses around. Get some protection, dammit!

JustMike  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add JustMike to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from JustMike
Send a Private Message to JustMike!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 370
May 29, 2002  10:52 PM 14

Originally posted by Cyanne And to think I just received my copy of Quicken 2002 from intuit today! I'm now severely tempted to take advantage of their guarantee and return it in favor of this, clearly better, deal, but can anyone vouch for this place?

Since nobody else mentioned it, assuming you're Canadian, you probably want the Canadian version of Quicken. This version, presumably, will be the US version.

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
May 30, 2002  5:39 AM 15

Originally posted by JustMike Since nobody else mentioned it, assuming you're Canadian, you probably want the Canadian version of Quicken. This version, presumably, will be the US version.

Actually, if it's the standard Quicken CD, then it contains both US and Canadian versions. It's an option you select when you run the install. (It's been like that since about Q98 or Q99.)

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2 3  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 3
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Norton Antivirus 2002 for $10US shipped   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
3:18 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)