It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > FREE: Canadian Contests 'n Freebies > Pinecone Research

Pinecone Research

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   6 7 8 9   10   11  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 11
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
zenbunny  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add zenbunny to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from zenbunny
Send a Private Message to zenbunny!

Committed in May 2004
I'm in Victoria
BC
Addiction Index™: 408
Oct 05, 2004  4:51 PM 136

Originally posted by twinmommy
Thanks Jay but no one on Frugal had posted the link, at least not in the thread I was referring to.

And by the way she sent me a nasty PM, so I think you might want to think twice about that attacking remark. I did not bend or break any rules I simply referred people to another thread that was interesting on this same topic. I do not feel like I should be attacked.

If you were sent a rude PM you should report it to the moderators of this board.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
CSK'sMom  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add CSK
Send a Private Message to CSK'sMom!

Committed in Jun 2002
I'm in Niagara Falls
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1153
Oct 05, 2004  8:03 PM 137

That pm was far from rude or nasty. What I stated in that pm was that Pinecone has legally gone after forums in the past for allowing links to their banner ads to be posted. This forum does not allow links (neither does RFD or a number of other forums) because of the action Pinecone has taken in the past. You may not see what you did as bending or breaking the rules but in fact it was. That is why the links were deleted. As any privately funded and owned forum, the rules aren't generally open to debate. They are what they are, like it or not.

Janet
green eyes clo  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add green eyes clo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from green eyes clo
Send a Private Message to green eyes clo!

Committed in Sep 2003
I'm in Saint John
NB
Addiction Index™: 130
Oct 05, 2004  8:04 PM 138

I am sorry that are bad feelings in the bowl. This is such a nice place to be. I personally enjoy coming here, and visit once a day. I have been sent the pinecone link for registration, but I don't know if my hotmail is preventing me from seeing it, but I just can't get the registration page up. I am giving a better email addie, hopefully I can still jump on the pinecone wagon. adamroy@3web.net Thanks for whoever can help me out.

The mind, once stretched by an empowering idea, can never fully shrink to it's original dimensions. Oliver Wendall Holmes
Bradysmommy  
Recently Committed Human
Add Bradysmommy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Bradysmommy
Send a Private Message to Bradysmommy!

Committed in Jun 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 7
Oct 05, 2004  8:37 PM 139

wow if this is the kinda stuff that goes on around here i think i'll stick with frugal from now on. may i ask what was said in the PM??

zenbunny  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add zenbunny to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from zenbunny

Committed in May 2004
I'm in Victoria
BC
Oct 05, 2004  9:54 PM 140

Originally posted by CSK'sMom
That pm was far from rude or nasty. What I stated in that pm was that Pinecone has legally gone after forums in the past for allowing links to their banner ads to be posted. This forum does not allow links (neither does RFD or a number of other forums) because of the action Pinecone has taken in the past. You may not see what you did as bending or breaking the rules but in fact it was. That is why the links were deleted. As any privately funded and owned forum, the rules aren't generally open to debate. They are what they are, like it or not.

Why are you making such a big deal out of this, jumping all over people and taking it upon yourself to be an "illegal Pinecone link" vigilante? Life is short and this is really silly and petty.

CSK'sMom  
Add CSK
Send a Private Message to CSK'sMom!

Committed in Jun 2002
I'm in Niagara Falls
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1153
Oct 05, 2004  10:19 PM 141

Zenbunny, if you value any of the forums you are a member of then you should care if Pinecone links are posted. They have the money and the legal dept to make really big waves for forum owners that allow the posting of Pinecone information. If the forum owner can't afford to fight the fight, the forum disappears.

I value this forum. It has the rules it has for a reason. I don't think Costa (the forum owner) deserves a major headache just because you don't see what the problem is. Pinecone also expressly prohibits members from posting information about surveys and product testings. If you don't like those rules then don't join because if you break them they will blacklist you with every other survey company. Dewcat so kindly has reminded everyone of the rules in this thread so there is absolutely no mistaking what is allowed and what isn't. If the links in question were honest mistakes, then so be it. If they were attempts at trying to bend the rules then we have all been reminded once again that it won't be tolerated.

In all honesty, why do you think every other forum prohibits posting Pinecone info?? Is it just coincidence or do you think there really is a reason behind it? I'm interested to hear your answer and reasonings...

Janet
freakygirl  
Add freakygirl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from freakygirl
Send a Private Message to freakygirl!Visit freakygirl's homepage!

Committed in Jan 2004
I'm in sane in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 916
Oct 05, 2004  10:42 PM 142

We all know we are not supposed to post the pinecone link, I think it's rude of people to break the rules, we all have fun here (for free!) & I think we should all respect the wishes of JuJu/the boards owner or just not bother to come here.---(I'm sure every rule here is a rule for a reason.) Sure it was not "posting a pinecone link" but it had the same effect & she knew what she was doing, BUT it is the admins job to make sure people follow the guidelines & keep things in order, we don't need to take matters into our own fins.

I'm amazed at what some people will do for a "freebie"

Beware the Girl who Dances with Devils
zenbunny  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in May 2004
I'm in Victoria
BC
Oct 05, 2004  11:49 PM 143

Originally posted by CSK'sMom
Zenbunny, if you value any of the forums you are a member of then you should care if Pinecone links are posted. They have the money and the legal dept to make really big waves for forum owners that allow the posting of Pinecone information. If the forum owner can't afford to fight the fight, the forum disappears.

I value this forum. It has the rules it has for a reason. I don't think Costa (the forum owner) deserves a major headache just because you don't see what the problem is. Pinecone also expressly prohibits members from posting information about surveys and product testings. If you don't like those rules then don't join because if you break them they will blacklist you with every other survey company. Dewcat so kindly has reminded everyone of the rules in this thread so there is absolutely no mistaking what is allowed and what isn't. If the links in question were honest mistakes, then so be it. If they were attempts at trying to bend the rules then we have all been reminded once again that it won't be tolerated.

In all honesty, why do you think every other forum prohibits posting Pinecone info?? Is it just coincidence or do you think there really is a reason behind it? I'm interested to hear your answer and reasonings...

I do care about the forums but I'm not a moderator and it's not my responsibility.
From what I can tell you're not a moderator either! I'm not sure why you're taking it upon yourself to bash people. THAT is what I have a problem with.

Unless you are the OWNER of Pinecone, I'm sure they're happy to fight their own battles and not have you bossing and belittling people. It's YOUR behaviour that makes Pinecone look bad! And it's YOUR behaviour that's pushing perfectly nice and decent goldfishlegs members away. That also bothers me.

This is the internet - it's not life and death here! There are people starving and dying all over the world and getting upset and intimidating forum members about a $5/survey company is absurd.

dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Oct 06, 2004  6:57 AM 144

Edit by a Juju Slave: [post deleted]

Here in Juju's Bowl we've got zero tolerance for personal attacks, threats, or harassment. Please try to debate the *topic* without making reference to the participants of the discussion. Try to respect views and beliefs that differ from your own.

If you feel that someone's post is a personal attack towards you, DO NOT RESPOND. Instead click on the 'Report' link to report the post to a moderator.

If someone annoys you, either skip past their posts or click on the 'Ignore' button to hide all future posts from that person.

Take a look at Rule of the Bowl #2: Disrespectful Posts Will Be Flushed

©7 Fish Heads in a Can -- For All Your Canned Text Needs!

A link was posted to a site that had a direct link to a banner at the time I followed the link. It was deleted as a violation of our rules. That should have closed this discussion.

Any further discussion at this point is superfluous and disrespectful because it has now completely taken over and derailed this thread. Any further posts of this genre would be meddlesome and mean-spirited and, as such, will be deleted and cause the locking of this thread.
Please keep your opinions on this to yourself so as not to throw gasoline on the fire. If you wish to post in this thread please keep your posts confined to the original purpose of this thread- ie: general discussion of Pinecone, how many surveys you have gotten, wondering why you have never gotten any, etc.

sarcazm  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Oct 06, 2004  11:38 AM 145

My 2 cents is...This thread has been the cause of more strife than help in my opinion. I understand people are frustrated about not being able to find banners. I think if you stumble around enough one will come your way. As for the alternative topic..what surveys rec'd etc...It doesn't much interest me either, because I am sent what i am sent with no options to request. Comments about the surveys, etc...no big deal either to me.

If it were my vote, I'd vote to axe the thread completely. I hate to see any disagreements between my fishie and even Frugal and other board friends.

I vote for a poll...close thread off for good or not?

My 2 cents...if anyone even cares! hehe

Peace my lil 's!

zenbunny  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in May 2004
I'm in Victoria
BC
Oct 06, 2004  12:35 PM 146

Originally posted by sarcazm
If it were my vote, I'd vote to axe the thread completely. I hate to see any disagreements between my fishie and even Frugal and other board friends.

Peace my lil 's!

Good idea - I say axe this thread.

dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Oct 06, 2004  12:49 PM 147

Originally posted by sarcazm

Peace my lil 's!

A vote would just prolong this discussion for several more pages.
PLEASE do not start posting votes and further arguments in here!

Besides, frankly, Juju doesn't like to ban topics of discussion out-of-hand and discussions are never closed down for frivolous reasons. Everyone is asked only to respect the rules and the original thread topic.

sapphire_gal  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add sapphire_gal to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sapphire_gal
Send a Private Message to sapphire_gal!Visit sapphire_gal's homepage!

Committed in Feb 2003
I'm in Brantford
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 137
Oct 06, 2004  1:01 PM 148

Chapters: Save On The Deal of the Week!

I got an invite to participate in a survey from Pinecone

Newly married.........
kilroy  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add kilroy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from kilroy
Send a Private Message to kilroy!

Committed in Oct 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 2
Oct 06, 2004  1:50 PM 149

If someone would care to send me info on how to sign up, I would appreciate it.

keithgilroy@hotmail.com.

2 kids under 5

snowflake  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add snowflake to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from snowflake
Send a Private Message to snowflake!

Committed in Sep 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3
Oct 06, 2004  5:25 PM 150

I found The link if any one would like it and have No kids as its the actual link let me know asap

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   6 7 8 9   10   11  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 11
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > FREE: Canadian Contests 'n Freebies > Pinecone Research   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:39 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)