It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Used DVD's at Tower.com

Used DVD's at Tower.com

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Dairyfarmer  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Dairyfarmer to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dairyfarmer
Send a Private Message to Dairyfarmer!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Langley
B.C.
Addiction Index™: 138
Jun 19, 2001  4:59 AM 1

Not sure if anyone knows but tower has used DVD's now. I picked up Jumanji CS for $9.99 with a tower card from mypoints. This might be a good way to use up some flooz too.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Cyanne to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Cyanne
Send a Private Message to Cyanne!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Addiction Index™: 542
Jun 19, 2001  11:25 AM 2 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

I noticed Rogersvideo has previously viewed DVDs now as well. Most of them sell for 20$. I'm glad to see these are becoming more widely available, especially since the trade-off for getting a used DVD is relatively minor.

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jun 19, 2001  12:55 PM 3

Hey dairyfarmer! You registered! Welcome to the Bowl!

Originally posted by Dairyfarmer
Not sure if anyone knows but tower has used DVD's now. I picked up Jumanji CS for $9.99 with a tower card from mypoints. This might be a good way to use up some flooz too.

And no customs charges? All my Tower orders got hit with $10 charges so I never bothered again.

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Jun 19, 2001 at 9:35 PM

Dairyfarmer  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Dairyfarmer to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dairyfarmer

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Langley
B.C.
Jun 19, 2001  7:54 PM 4

Ya those cows keep my hard at work, right now is really bad with all the field work. Under $15 for the cost of the movie I have had no problems at customs and they show up in six days.

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Jun 20, 2001  1:11 AM 5

So shipping doesn't count for getting dinged with customs? They have alot of nice discs there for $14.99 or less. This could be a fun cheap disc source. Thank for any info and for the info you already gave

NG

Astrakan  
Growin' Gills!
Add Astrakan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Astrakan
Send a Private Message to Astrakan!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto, ON

Addiction Index™: 785
Jun 20, 2001  1:55 AM 6

I looked up shipping and it says $2.95 for one item for standard shipping. I can't see anywhere that it states to which country that is. Does anyone know if it's $2.95 worldwide? I.e. do us Canucks get to pay $2.95 as well?

Ken Molen

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord

Committed in May 2001

Jun 20, 2001  2:27 AM 7

It does say in the help faq's that shipping to Canada is $4.95 but when I created an account to test the site it listed my shipping as being $2.95 dispite me being truthful about Country and Postal Code. Perhaps it's a web site problem that'll work for us Canucks. I suggest no one mention it to them though

Dairyfarmer  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Langley
B.C.
Jun 20, 2001  8:40 AM 8

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NakedGord
So shipping doesn't count for getting dinged with customs? They have alot of nice discs there for $14.99 or less. This could be a fun cheap disc source. Thank for any info and for the info you already gave

Ya I'm fairly sure they don't add shipping costs to the custom lable.

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Jun 20, 2001  12:13 PM 9

Nope, shipping is not included - only the value of the items.

The limit is $20 CDN which is about $13US.

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Jun 21, 2001 at 5:24 PM

Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Cyanne to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Cyanne

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Jun 21, 2001  3:42 PM 10

I have an unused gift card from tower records, and I was thinking of getting a couple of dvds, using the 10/40 coupon and using up my gift card and leftover flooz. This would definitely put me over the 20$C limit though. So my question then is this: is it an absolute certainty that I'd get dinged? And how much would I be charged anyway? Do they calculate the value of the shipment based on the regular price of the items or on what you paid for them? (Okay, that's three questions). I had to pay customs fees for a CDNow order last year, but I really don't remember how much they were. I'm just trying to figure out how much of a "deal" this deal would be.

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Jun 21, 2001  5:30 PM 11

Originally posted by Cyanne
I have an unused gift card from tower records, and I was thinking of getting a couple of dvds, using the 10/40 coupon and using up my gift card and leftover flooz. This would definitely put me over the 20$C limit though. So my question then is this: is it an absolute certainty that I'd get dinged? And how much would I be charged anyway? Do they calculate the value of the shipment based on the regular price of the items or on what you paid for them? (Okay, that's three questions). I had to pay customs fees for a CDNow order last year, but I really don't remember how much they were. I'm just trying to figure out how much of a "deal" this deal would be.

Customs is on the *value* of the item. The coupons or gift card just reduce how much you pay, but the value of the items is what's listed next to the item in the invoice. And technically, even if you'd get something for free they could assess taxes. At least that's how the customs agent explained when last I called.

You pay $5 + (value declared on customs sticker x 15%).

Figure about $10-$12 Canadian.

And everyone one that's ordered from Towers has gotten dinged. Sometimes packages get through no matter what the value, so you can get lucky.

Costa The Slaveboy
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Jun 21, 2001  6:18 PM 12

I'm looking at Tower as a used/cheap DVD souce. If you found some generic/Time-Warner/MGM or used you like you could order them seperate (but get dinged on shipping)and that should mean you'll be below the customs quota but then your 10/40 coupon wouldn't work. It' a pickle I wish I had a solution for you so I could use it myself

Ivy  
Slavegirl
Add Ivy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Ivy
Send a Private Message to Ivy!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in
Vancouver BC
Addiction Index™: 4540
Jun 22, 2001  7:04 AM 13

Order both and use the coupon and GC then have one sent to a different address? Just a thought....then they'd get shipped seperately and the totals would both be under right?

Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Jun 22, 2001  10:41 AM 14

Originally posted by Ivy
Order both and use the coupon and GC then have one sent to a different address? Just a thought....then they'd get shipped seperately and the totals would both be under right?

That's a thought but can you even do that? They only ask for the shipping address once. Even if you could, each package would be listed at about twenty bucks US, so theoretically I could get dinged twice, right? <sigh>

Well, I guess I could always have it shipped to my relatives in the states and get it the next time I see them.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Used DVD's at Tower.com   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
5:07 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)