It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Xbox 360

Xbox 360

Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
chubbstuff  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add chubbstuff to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chubbstuff
Send a Private Message to chubbstuff!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in a state of bliss

Addiction Index™: 259
Nov 09, 2005  1:33 PM 1

Hey fishies...

Does anyone know of any available list to get one before Christmas? It appears that all the waiting list are already filled up.

I'd appreciate any help or advice!!!

I'm desperate to get my hands on one of these!!!

:wave: Just me again!
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
mbg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
Nov 09, 2005  5:45 PM 2

Future Shop (online) has a bunch of different bundles which they are allowing you to buy today. I don't know if that means they have quantities available for launch date or not. Just go to http://www.futureshop.ca and search for:

xbox 360

...or, there's a link to it on their home page.

There was speculation that the limited quantities were a marketing strategy and that there may be consoles available at or shortly after launch. I think that's probably part of the truth, but not the whole truth. There will be consoles available, but who knows who will get them allocated? The big places will probably get them first. My guess is that Walmart will be one of them.

chubbstuff  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add chubbstuff to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chubbstuff
Send a Private Message to chubbstuff!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in a state of bliss

Addiction Index™: 259
Nov 14, 2005  6:30 AM 3

If you look closely on the site, each xbox 360 bundle has zero quantities available and says 'sold out'. Apparently they have sold out the quantities that they were alloted, and when I called, I was told that they should be getting more in 'after Christmas' which doesn't do much for me.

Anyway, I'm really hoping that it is just a big marketing hype to get everyone on the band wagon and that they actually will have enough to go around.

I can't really believe that the 'gamer package' is $899!!!
HOW NUTS IS THAT!! ITS A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM NOT A MORTGAGE PAYMENT!!!!!

:wave: Just me again!
Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Cyanne to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Cyanne
Send a Private Message to Cyanne!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Addiction Index™: 542
Nov 14, 2005  3:41 PM 4

I don't know if this is really the right spot to post something like this, but I could use some advice. I won an xbox 360 in the pepsi contest, and I just received it today! I'd really rather spend the money on something else though, so I'm looking to sell it. I'm not going to offer it for sale here, because I'm trying to make a huge profit if I can (wouldn't try to take advantage of goldfishleggers ), but I hoped you folks might have some advice. If I put it up on ebay, should I go for a short auction period, thinking that way the winner can get it before it's released, or longer so more people will get to see the listing? Time seems to be of the essence here!

mbg  
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Nov 14, 2005  8:03 PM 5

Originally posted by chubbstuff
If you look closely on the site, each xbox 360 bundle has zero quantities available and says 'sold out'. Apparently they have sold out the quantities that they were alloted, and when I called, I was told that they should be getting more in 'after Christmas' which doesn't do much for me.

It didn't say that when I posted the link.

I'm interested in the XBox 360, but I'm in no hurry to get one. I'd much rather read the reviews of the first system and see how good it really is from real people who've played with it. I'm most interested in the Media Center functionality.

I can't really believe that the 'gamer package' is $899!!!
HOW NUTS IS THAT!! ITS A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM NOT A MORTGAGE PAYMENT!!!!!

Some people pay almost that much just for a PC video card for gaming.

It sounds fancy to say that the XBox 360 has HD games, but PC games have been operating at higher than 720p for years.

mbg  

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Nov 14, 2005  8:06 PM 6 Save Up 90% With Our Deal of the Week at Chapters!

Originally posted by Cyanne
I don't know if this is really the right spot to post something like this, but I could use some advice. I won an xbox 360 in the pepsi contest, and I just received it today! I'd really rather spend the money on something else though, so I'm looking to sell it. I'm not going to offer it for sale here, because I'm trying to make a huge profit if I can (wouldn't try to take advantage of goldfishleggers ), but I hoped you folks might have some advice. If I put it up on ebay, should I go for a short auction period, thinking that way the winner can get it before it's released, or longer so more people will get to see the listing? Time seems to be of the essence here!

Time is of the essence if you want to sell it before release, because there are rumours that some places in the US may be selling it starting this Friday.

On the other hand, if demand is high and supply is generally low, you may be able to get a good price for it anyway, assuming it will be a hot Christmas item with low availability.

I wouldn't really worry about selling it before the release date. Just put it up and see what response you get. Chances are, you won't really be able to auction it and get it into someone's hands before the release date, anyway.

belgiankona  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Nov 14, 2005  8:42 PM 7

I know someone who received their Xbox today at 2:00pm and had it sold and out the door by 5:00 for $800 by posting on google groups. Type in your city and away you go.

http://groups.google.ca/groups/dir?...mp;sel=33554433

Cyanne  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Cyanne to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Cyanne
Send a Private Message to Cyanne!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in my happy place
Montreal
Addiction Index™: 542
Nov 14, 2005  11:17 PM 8

Originally posted by belgiankona
I know someone who received their Xbox today at 2:00pm and had it sold and out the door by 5:00 for $800 by posting on google groups. Type in your city and away you go.

http://groups.google.ca/groups/dir?...mp;sel=33554433

Oh! That would have been nice... Oh well. It's up on ebay now, and I'm just hoping for the best! I went for a 3-day auction, with no weekend days and no reserve. Hope it doesn't hurt me too much. Never tried to sell anything in such a rush before! Thanks for the input!

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Nov 17, 2005  9:52 AM 9

Not sure if it's possible to close an auction (or if it's even worth it) but for quick sales http://montreal.craigslist.org/ might be good for people actually in your area so they could get it today.

For the OP - both BB and FS have had regular batch releases. It's best just to check back now and again and see if they've restocked.

I'd also start calling around (or better yet popping in) some of the local stores (Toys R US, Canadian Tire, Zellers etc) and see if they'll let you pay for one in advance and get it when it arrives. IIRC Superstore allowed that for the PSP release.

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add E Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from E Man
Send a Private Message to E Man!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Addiction Index™: 273
Nov 24, 2005  2:09 PM 10

I'm waiting for the PS3. Blu-Ray TRUE HD-DVD and all...

E Man
chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Nov 26, 2005  10:00 AM 11

Originally posted by E Man
I'm waiting for the PS3. Blu-Ray TRUE HD-DVD and all...

Blu-Ray <> HD-DVD

Plus, Sony is a really crappy corporation - look how poorly they've been treating their customers as of late. They really don't seem to care AT ALL.

And... Xbox Live. What a great system! Certainly made the Xbox 360 worth it so far. I really think Sony is missing the boat this round by not being more aggressive with an online implementation.

But in the end, it's always down to the games. Last round, I got (and still have and play) a Gamecube. This time, it's the 360.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
Triviara  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Triviara to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Triviara
Send a Private Message to Triviara!

Committed in Feb 2002
I'm in Sarnia
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 226
Nov 27, 2005  11:54 AM 12

We pre-ordered the 360 from Future Shop a couple of months ago and picked it up on launch day. Little did we know they presold 34 units and only received 24. When we arrived at the store we were #23 in line with #24 arriving moments later. Needless to say 10 very angry ppl arrived after that.
I am totally impressed with the system, graphics are awesome...wireless everything is a bonus. They rented Need for Speed this weekend..WOW! It is incredible. I would say this system is well worth the $$.

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Nov 30, 2005  3:51 PM 13

I'm pretty impressed with it so far. The wireless controllers are indeed well done. Ergonomic, and very functional. From the 360 in the basement, I wandered up to our 2nd floor and was still able to keep chatting on Xbox Live.

And I'm just as able to amuse myself with Xbox Live Arcade as with proper games! Hexic isn't the greatest game, but I've tried demos for some of the others, and I can easily see purchasing some of them.

The new Need For Speed doesn't appeal to me as much, because I haven't enjoyed the previous 'Underground' games. I guess the 'street culture' aspect just doesn't appeal to me. What I can't wait for is either Burnout Revenge next March, or for Burnout 3 to hit the backwards compatability list!

I'm really quite anxious to see where things go in the future.

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Dec 21, 2005  7:26 AM 14

No more posts about the 360 at all? Nobody has one, nobody wants one?

I'm still loving the user interface. There's a few things they could improve upon (such as allowing you to do ANYthing else while downloading), but otherwise it's great.

From the few backwards compatible titles I've played, I can also appreciate how much better the Live implementation is with the 360. I think I'll reserve backwards compatability for single player games, as I've now been spoiled by Live on the 360.

I found Kameo a disappointing game. There were too many elementals, so a few of them get left behind (Rubble is a good example). I also found a lot of the 'puzzles' annoying - not in figuring out the solution, but rather in implementing it.

NHL2k6 - more expensive than it should be, but it was purchased for the multiplayer, and hasn't disappointed yet. It's great fun to hop online with friends and get a game going. I just need a lot of practice now.

Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Dec 22, 2005  8:56 PM 15

I enjoyed playing Kameo, and used Rubble a fair bit, but I hated the swimming controls for the water guy and protecting those stupid walruses. It could have been a more polished game. If you startup the game and don’t press any buttons, an intro highlights clip will play, and you’ll see stuff that didn’t make it into the game. It’s still a good game IMO, but it could have been great, like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

My 360 has been working flawlessly, and I can use it as a space heater too!

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Xbox 360   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
11:43 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)