It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Ontario Alliance Con MPP wants to ban Hollywood movie

Ontario Alliance Con MPP wants to ban Hollywood movie

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1 2 3   4    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 4
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
othdawg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add othdawg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from othdawg
Send a Private Message to othdawg!Visit othdawg's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Addiction Index™: 1745
May 26, 2005  10:24 PM 46

Doh!

Came late to the party, but thought I would throw my 2cents in without being burdened by the political bruhaha.

Ok, my view on this stuff, and I realize it is different than pretty much everyone else's (shades of grey and all that) is that the film should not be subject to governmental regulation ("banning")..

However.. What would be really nice would be a spontaneous unorganized boycott by anyone who believes that it is in the worst possible taste to create entertainment from those circumstances. Vote with your feet and refuse to see offensive, opportunistic garbage such as that!

Power to the people!

Of course, if it does boffo box office once again my faith in humanity would be crushed...

http://del.icio.us/priznat
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
actyper  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add actyper to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from actyper
Send a Private Message to actyper!

Committed in Feb 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 325
May 27, 2005  11:15 AM 47

This thread just reminded me of the SARS movie this weekend.

or maybe they want to ban this too?

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Jun 12, 2005  9:08 PM 48

The director is being interviewed right now on Newsworld for those interested (on thier Sunday program).

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
~*AnGeL*MaRy*~  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add ~*AnGeL*MaRy*~ to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ~*AnGeL*MaRy*~
Send a Private Message to ~*AnGeL*MaRy*~!

Committed in Jun 2005
I'm in T-Dot

Addiction Index™: 302
Jun 14, 2005  1:35 PM 49

Ok....I am in college studying to be a Journalist. I have been following the Bernardo case for the past little while. I was merely 10 when the "Deal with the Devil" occurred.
The movie, Deadly, is one I know I want to see. Everyone has the right to free speech and freedom of expression. The film maker has taken that and turned it into a movie.
As for the profitting from the movie...I was reading that the film maker wants to work out a deal so that a good majority of the profits go to a charity that the victim's families approve.
If this movie does get banned in Ontario, there will still be ways of Ontarians seeing it.
These crimes were horrific, I have no doubts about that, but as stated above....if you don't want them to profit from the move, don't see it. If people don't go see it, the movie will be a flop and be pulled from theatres (I doubt this will happen.)
Anyways...to finish I have one thing to say....our justice system sucks when you can get 13 years for smuggling drugs and strike a deal against your husband for crimes you participated in (including the murder of your own sister) and walk in 12.
Just sum food for thought.

~*AnGeL*~
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord

Committed in May 2001

Jun 29, 2005  5:26 PM 50 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

Fearing for her life once she's released from prison, convicted killer Karla Homolka is going to court to seek an injunction that would ban media coverage of her.

http://toronto.cbc.ca/regional/serv...homolka20050629

Now here's an interesting spin on this censorship discussion.

othdawg  
Add othdawg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from othdawg
Send a Private Message to othdawg!Visit othdawg's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Addiction Index™: 1745
Jun 29, 2005  5:28 PM 51

Originally posted by NakedGord
http://toronto.cbc.ca/regional/serv...homolka20050629

Now here's an interesting spin on this censorship discussion.

Hmm.. Perhaps she should have thought of her own protection before she acted in killing innocent people..

*world's tiniest violin*

Vigilante justice is wrong, but you won't find me too upset if someone does decide to take the law into their own hands..

http://del.icio.us/priznat
alligator  
Add alligator to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from alligator
Send a Private Message to alligator!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in The wilds of suburbia with my
sweetie, ON
Addiction Index™: 977
Jun 30, 2005  7:53 AM 52

Originally posted by othdawg

Vigilante justice is wrong, but you won't find me too upset if someone does decide to take the law into their own hands..

Yeah, I was thinking someone will probably do it...it makes me wonder the person who would be willing to risk the consequences of their actions by taking matters into their own hands...

Life is not a dress rehearsal.
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Jul 01, 2005  5:33 AM 53

Originally posted by othdawg
Hmm.. Perhaps she should have thought of her own protection before she acted in killing innocent people..

*world's tiniest violin*

Agreed on all counts.

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Jul 01, 2005  5:34 AM 54

Originally posted by alligator
Yeah, I was thinking someone will probably do it...it makes me wonder the person who would be willing to risk the consequences of their actions by taking matters into their own hands...

If someone does do that I imagine we'll see the biggest campaign Canada has seen for a legal defence fund.

kritafo  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add kritafo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from kritafo
Send a Private Message to kritafo!

Committed in Jul 2002
I'm in Calgary
AB
Addiction Index™: 517
Jul 01, 2005  6:27 AM 55

I think everyone in Ontario should get nuts. They have been editing movies for years. How is this fair, what country to we live in?

Have they ever found the supposed snuff movies Karla and Bernardo tapes. We should worry about those more than a hollywood movie.

Just my 2 scents, yeah that was my government portion!

Kritafo

........I am so poor I can't pay attention!....
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1 2 3   4    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 4
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Ontario Alliance Con MPP wants to ban Hollywood movie   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:22 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)