It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > FREE: Canadian Contests 'n Freebies > Missing moderators

Missing moderators

Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
lordloveaduck  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add lordloveaduck to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from lordloveaduck
Send a Private Message to lordloveaduck!

Committed in Aug 2005
I'm in secret
nova scotia
Addiction Index™: 183
Jan 29, 2014  7:55 AM 1

Hi ,

It has been noticed by quite a few of us that Pandora is missing. Since we normally dont know each other personally, it could be due to many reasons, and hopefully nothing bad.

That being said there are other moderators on this site, they also seem to be missing.

Can ANYONE please let us know what is going on?

It seems a shame to just let a wonderful site , like this just go into the blue..........

happiness is a warm puppy!!
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Tagna  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Tagna to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Tagna
Send a Private Message to Tagna!

Committed in May 2006
I'm in Mississauga
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 457
Jan 29, 2014  10:17 AM 2

Dewcat posted 4 days ago.

Whoever does the Xmas gift exchange should have Pandoracat's info.

Animal rescues make the best pets! Support local rescues!
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Jan 29, 2014  10:18 AM 3

What makes you think the moderators are missing?

I am a moderator, as is chdude, and have actively moderated quite a number of posts in the last few days by fixing links, adding "no Quebec" icons, moving a post, getting rid of spam etc.

As to Pandoracat, she is not "missing", she is just away for a bit and should be back sometime soon.

pickmepickme  
Growin' Gills!
Add pickmepickme to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from pickmepickme
Send a Private Message to pickmepickme!

Committed in Sep 2006
I'm in Toronto

Addiction Index™: 596
Jan 29, 2014  11:28 AM 4 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

I thought that the moderators were away too, because we were all worried about Pandoracat and no moderator stepped in to alleviate our concerns.

Winnings 2008 - $4,540
lordloveaduck  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add lordloveaduck to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from lordloveaduck

Committed in Aug 2005
I'm in secret
nova scotia
Jan 29, 2014  12:41 PM 5

thank you for the quick response..

perhaps more than one of us thought that, as there is usually a lot more action on this site.

Secondly as many have thought something was wrong in the where is pandora question, and no one answered.

i'm sure there are more than one or two moderators, however when we get no response, it is normal to be concerned.

we are very happy that Pandora will be back soon.

pickmepickme  
Growin' Gills!
Add pickmepickme to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from pickmepickme
Send a Private Message to pickmepickme!

Committed in Sep 2006
I'm in Toronto

Addiction Index™: 596
Jan 29, 2014  1:10 PM 6

Originally posted by lordloveaduck
thank you for the quick response..

perhaps more than one of us thought that, as there is usually a lot more action on this site.

Secondly as many have thought something was wrong in the where is pandora question, and no one answered.

i'm sure there are more than one or two moderators, however when we get no response, it is normal to be concerned.

we are very happy that Pandora will be back soon.

Boy, are we ever. She is a very lovely lady (I've met her once in person), and I was getting very worried about her well-being.

Winnings 2008 - $4,540
dewcat  
Official Juju Slave!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Jan 30, 2014  7:25 AM 7

Originally posted by pickmepickme
I thought that the moderators were away too, because we were all worried about Pandoracat and no moderator stepped in to alleviate our concerns.

That is because of privacy concerns. No one is owed an explanation of anyone's absence and it is really up to Pandoracat to respond to questions, should she choose to.

scraps  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add scraps to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from scraps
Send a Private Message to scraps!

Committed in Dec 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1637
Jan 30, 2014  11:05 AM 8

Originally posted by dewcat
That is because of privacy concerns. No one is owed an explanation of anyone's absence and it is really up to Pandoracat to respond to questions, should she choose to.

OUCH! i don't think any of us who were concerned wanted to know her address or ph# ! re privacy concerns! ..really because some of us were kind & caring enough to notice she was not posting & was 'missing' ...we just think someone should have stepped in quickly at the beginning when the question arose to simply say she is fine and just busy..i know that would have sufficed me to not worry anymore. From now on me thinks i will just keep my questions to myself then eh! )

lordloveaduck  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Aug 2005
I'm in secret
nova scotia
Jan 31, 2014  8:30 AM 9

I found that the reply to all our "concern" was rather sharp.

as stated, we did not want personal details. !!

However, a post stating something to the effect that " we know some of you have noticed less traffic on the site, etc, is due to a brief absence of _______., would have sufficed.

it seems to be forgotten somewhere along the way that we the "contesters" are the ones that this site is there to help, and we are loyal , and enjoy this site very much. We do stick together for the most part and would of course be concerned if something bad had happened, or notice someone missing.

that being said, we as a group and i believe i can say this honestly are happy the matter is resolved.

a short post in future would stop all the worried traffic.

dewcat  
Official Juju Slave!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Jan 31, 2014  1:31 PM 10

Sorry if the reply seemed "sharp". I would like to point out that is is very easy to misinterpret the intentions of someone when they are making a short post.
Since Pandoracat did not choose to post about her absence or her still unknown date of return, I did not feel it was my place to post about it either. I would not like to make her uncomfortable in any way.
Let's hope for a swift return and, in the meantime, perhaps everyone could make a little extra effort in sharing any contests they come across.

wilmagrace  
I live for Juju!
Add wilmagrace to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from wilmagrace
Send a Private Message to wilmagrace!

Committed in Mar 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1887
Jan 31, 2014  4:31 PM 11

Edited by wilmagrace on
Jan 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM

ladyj  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add ladyj to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ladyj
Send a Private Message to ladyj!

Committed in Feb 2014
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1
Feb 18, 2014  10:22 AM 12

I've been visiting this site for years, but since Pandora has been away, the site is just not as good. I hope Pandora is okay, but whoever has taken her place at posting contests is doing a terrible job. And I think the whoever is moderating now had a very rude response when people were posting that they were worried about Pandora being missing. What's wrong with wondering where someone is? Especially when the traffic on this site has slowed down sooooooo dramatically. Anyway, good luck everyone!

sethandsarah  
Growin' Gills!
Add sethandsarah to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sethandsarah
Send a Private Message to sethandsarah!

Committed in Jan 2006
I'm in Ingersoll area...out in the boonies!!
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 573
Feb 18, 2014  12:56 PM 13

Originally posted by ladyj
I've been visiting this site for years, but since Pandora has been away, the site is just not as good. I hope Pandora is okay, but whoever has taken her place at posting contests is doing a terrible job. And I think the whoever is moderating now had a very rude response when people were posting that they were worried about Pandora being missing. What's wrong with wondering where someone is? Especially when the traffic on this site has slowed down sooooooo dramatically. Anyway, good luck everyone!

Anyone can post contests. Pandora has just taken to posting a lot of them and for that I know I am very, very grateful. If you find them, post them. Help the board out, instead of getting upset about it?

Proud mommy of Tyler, Megan, Abby and Paige!
Prozkgrl  
Growin' Gills!
Add Prozkgrl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Prozkgrl
Send a Private Message to Prozkgrl!

Committed in Jun 2004
I'm in Southern
SK
Addiction Index™: 806
Feb 25, 2014  11:29 AM 14

Here's wishing Pandoracat a wonderful, happy, and fun day, in whatever she is doing and to thank the other moderators for all their hard work over the years. It's a great site, and off to go find some more contests for everyone. Hope we can all add some to the site.

><((�>�.�.���`�.><((�>�.�.���`�.><((�>
rustybraces  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add rustybraces to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from rustybraces
Send a Private Message to rustybraces!

Committed in Aug 2005
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 378
Feb 25, 2014  6:18 PM 15

Originally posted by Prozkgrl
Here's wishing Pandoracat a wonderful, happy, and fun day, in whatever she is doing and to thank the other moderators for all their hard work over the years. It's a great site, and off to go find some more contests for everyone. Hope we can all add some to the site.

DITTO THANKS ALL

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > FREE: Canadian Contests 'n Freebies > Missing moderators   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
12:54 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)