It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Experiences with Canadian online credit reports/scores?

Experiences with Canadian online credit reports/scores?

Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
DavidY  
I live for Juju!
Add DavidY to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from DavidY
Send a Private Message to DavidY!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in love with DVDs!
B.C.
Addiction Index™: 1965
Jul 05, 2002  12:57 AM 1

I've read about the availability of online credit reports and scores at the following website:

http://www.equifax.com/EFX_Canada/

Is this a worthwhile purchase? Any comments and/or personal experiences would be welcome. TIA.

Are credit reports usually FREE when one visits an EQUIFAX office?

Dave

Edited by DavidY on
Jul 05, 2002 at 12:59 AM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Peanuts  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Jul 05, 2002  9:16 AM 2

Don't have any experience with Equifax, but I have written to the credit bureau and received my report in the mail, free. You could probably call your local credit bureau and they could tell you if it's free to go in and receive it.

Rehan  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Rehan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rehan
Send a Private Message to Rehan!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in a car with a slow heater

Addiction Index™: 906
Jul 05, 2002  9:36 AM 3

I ordered the "Score Power Credit Score" and the credit report earlier this week because:
1) It's quick and easy compared to the free method (link fixed)
2) You don't get your FICO score through the free method, and I was curious to see what it said

The report looks just like the sample here. The last time I got a free report from Equifax was a few years ago, and it didn't have as much detail as the report I received online this week. I don't know if that is still the case.

I think the online credit score report was a good purchase for me, but I'll stick with the free version for future reports.

To send a complaint about speling, or grammer in the post above please, press ALT-F4. Edited by Rehan on
Jul 05, 2002 at 10:38 AM

rakerman  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add rakerman to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from rakerman
Send a Private Message to rakerman!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 324
Jul 05, 2002  10:30 AM 4

If you have a good relationship with your banker, they'll tell you your score and anything that needs to be cleaned up after you've applied for a credit product with them.

If you want to know in advance, the credit report with FICO score is worth it. I wouldn't get the cheaper report - AFAIK that's just your free report, the difference being you don't have to go through the process of mailing in a request and waiting for them to mail you back your free report.
If you want to get a better score:
- the fewer credit cards you have the better
- the lower any outstanding credit balances you have, the better

Even if you have "emergency" credit cards with 0 outstanding credit balance, it will count against you - people with a lot of unused credit are considered a higher credit risk.

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jul 05, 2002  10:35 AM 5

Rehan, your "free" link doesn't work for me... try this

There's also another company that maintains your credit history:
Transunion

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Jul 05, 2002 at 10:38 AM

gilsan  
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
Jul 05, 2002  5:23 PM 6 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

Good site it is nice to know what your FICO score is. It is worth the money if you need to see your credit report now, to get it through the mail usually takes 6-8 weeks

snugabugblankets.etsy.com
Rehan  
Add Rehan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rehan
Send a Private Message to Rehan!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in a car with a slow heater

Addiction Index™: 906
Jul 05, 2002  5:45 PM 7

Thanks, Costa...I fixed the link.

Here's a third agency:
http://www.creditbureau.ca/

To send a complaint about speling, or grammer in the post above please, press ALT-F4.
Snowie  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Snowie to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Snowie
Send a Private Message to Snowie!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 444
Jul 09, 2002  2:44 PM 8

Originally posted by DavidY
I've read about the availability of online credit reports and scores at the following website:

http://www.equifax.com/EFX_Canada/

Is this a worthwhile purchase? Any comments and/or personal experiences would be welcome. TIA.

Are credit reports usually FREE when one visits an EQUIFAX office?

Dave

Hey there - I've used both Equifax and Transunion. They were both free and took about a month to get back to me. They were backlogged at the time so that's probably why it took so long. Make sure you give them all the information they want right away because if you leave something out, they will send you a letter requesting it, then you'll have to send it in, then they have to process the whole thing allllllllll over again. Make sure your photo ID is clear they'll really nab you for that one.

Read between the typos - I didn't have time to fix them 0:-)
picodog  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Oct 04, 2002  12:55 PM 9

Hi All,

I found a great service online at www.iquiri.com. They offer canadians their credit report online instantly!. I got my report and included a personal credit analysis which rated my report (i guess it's like the score). They use data from the third national credit bureau in Canada called NCB? never heard of them but apparently they have recently went national and have great data.
Hope that helps!

Pico

ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Oct 04, 2002  1:10 PM 10

Originally posted by picodog
Hi All,

I found a great service online at www.iquiri.com. They offer canadians their credit report online instantly!. I got my report and included a personal credit analysis which rated my report (i guess it's like the score). They use data from the third national credit bureau in Canada called NCB? never heard of them but apparently they have recently went national and have great data.
Hope that helps!

Pico

That link won't work for me

http://www.canadacreditreport.com/c...information.htm
perhaps www.iquiri.com Edited to add, site doesn't allow you to use Netscape, and it costs $13.95.

Edited by ronnie99 on
Oct 04, 2002 at 1:27 PM

picodog  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Oct 04, 2002  1:58 PM 11

Originally posted by ronnie99

That link won't work for me

http://www.canadacreditreport.com/c...information.htm
perhaps www.iquiri.com Edited to add, site doesn't allow you to use Netscape, and it costs $13.95.

I don't use Netscape and yes the $13.95 is worth it so i didn't have to wait the 3 weeks.

ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Oct 04, 2002  2:43 PM 12

Originally posted by picodog

I don't use Netscape and yes the $13.95 is worth it so i didn't have to wait the 3 weeks.

I agree its worth not waiting, however I don't have a credit card so I can't check online. I found that It wouldn't load in IE 5.0 and it was terribly slow with Nescape 6.23, took 15 minutes for two full pages to load...then tell me it won't work!

rakerman  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add rakerman to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from rakerman

Committed in May 2001
I'm in
Ontario
Oct 04, 2002  10:12 PM 13

They can't seem to decide if they're Canada's "premiere" source for online credit or its "premier" source.

just_me  
Succumbing to Mind Control...
Add just_me to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from just_me
Send a Private Message to just_me!

Committed in Aug 2002
I'm in
BC
Addiction Index™: 51
Nov 03, 2002  10:26 AM 14

I ordered the report online from www.equifax.ca, it cost around $20, so you need a credit card to order it, the information was very detailed, it gave me my credit score as well. In that version (with the credit score) they give you a lot of detailed tips to help make your credit better, very helpful if your planning on making a large purchase on credit, like a home, in the next year or 2. It was nice to be able to see what the credit companies see.

rakerman  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in May 2001
I'm in
Ontario
Nov 03, 2002  10:43 AM 15

Originally posted by just_me
I ordered the report online from www.equifax.ca, it cost around $20, so you need a credit card to order it, the information was very detailed, it gave me my credit score as well. In that version (with the credit score) they give you a lot of detailed tips to help make your credit better, very helpful if your planning on making a large purchase on credit, like a home, in the next year or 2. It was nice to be able to see what the credit companies see.

I have found the Equifax report useful, in particular for telling me that both MBNA and Citibank both won't close your credit card account unless you repeatedly beg them. They like to keep the account open "for your convenience", which lowers your credit rating.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Experiences with Canadian online credit reports/scores?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
12:28 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)