It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   18 19 20 21   22   23 24 25 26  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
lunamaya  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add lunamaya to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from lunamaya
Send a Private Message to lunamaya!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in
Saskatchewan
Addiction Index™: 415
Sep 26, 2006  8:26 PM 316

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
Yeah, I have no control over this. The webhost has some over-zealous "security measures" in place. It's pretty retarded but they won't change their minds.

Please PM me when you come accross one of these links again -- if it happens enough maybe they'll change their minds...

Will do!

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." -Paul McCartney
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Sep 26, 2006  9:26 PM 317

Yeah, I have no control over this. The webhost has some over-zealous "security measures" in place. It's pretty retarded but they won't change their minds.

Please PM me when you come accross one of these links again -- if it happens enough maybe they'll change their minds...

Any of these sites:

http://www.canadianliving.com/Canad.../today/home.asp

http://www.styleathome.com/StyleAtH.../today/home.asp

http://www.ellecanada.com/ellecanad.../today/home.asp

http://www.mochasofa.com/Mochasofa/...ListContest.asp

But only when the direct contest link is used, it seems, like the one below.

http://styleathome.com/StyleAtHome/....asp?cnType=320

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Sep 28, 2006  3:42 PM 318

Thanks, I've sent them a msg with the links.

Costa The Slaveboy
Nat_Canada  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Nat_Canada to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Nat_Canada
Send a Private Message to Nat_Canada!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 196
Oct 02, 2006  9:59 AM 319

Hi There, I was wondering if anyone knew how to bring up past posts in the contest area....actually the post i'm looking for is the one where everyone exchanged emails..for referring friends. I had to reformat my computer and lost them all. Could someone help me retrived this posts. Thank you in advance

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Oct 02, 2006  10:26 AM 320

Originally posted by Nat_Canada
Hi There, I was wondering if anyone knew how to bring up past posts in the contest area....

For any area of the bowl, you can use the search function to try and pull up old posts. You can specify the forum where you want to search in, and also information about how old the post is.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Oct 02, 2006  10:28 AM 321

Chapters: Free Shipping on Toy orders $25 or over!!

Originally posted by Nat_Canada
Hi There, I was wondering if anyone knew how to bring up past posts in the contest area....actually the post i'm looking for is the one where everyone exchanged emails..for referring friends. I had to reformat my computer and lost them all. Could someone help me retrived this posts. Thank you in advance

Scroll to the bottm of the threads.

In the blue rectangle it says this:

Hey! The 20 discussions currently visible are from the:

And there is a drop down box. Pick a larger number than is there (currently mine says last 5 days ) Change it (to lest say the last 30 days) and click go.

Now you can choose page two, or three in the same area as the choice of days worth of messages to list.

It was on page 2 on my list:
http://www.goldfishlegs.net/bowl/sh...;threadid=17144

Nat_Canada  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Nat_Canada to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Nat_Canada
Send a Private Message to Nat_Canada!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 196
Oct 02, 2006  10:30 AM 322

Originally posted by ronnie99
Scroll to the bottm of the threads.

In the blue rectangle it says this:

Hey! The 20 discussions currently visible are from the:

And there is a drop down box. Pick a larger number than is there (currently mine says last 5 days ) Change it (to lest say the last 30 days) and click go.

Now you can choose page two, or three in the same area as the choice of days worth of messages to list.

It was on page 2 on my list:
http://www.goldfishlegs.net/bowl/sh...;threadid=17144

TYVM I really appreciate that ronnie

ronnie99  
I live for Juju!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Oct 27, 2006  11:09 AM 323

When I log in after a while away from the computer the messages I see (in Free) are mostly "repost deleted". I understand that people me not remember entering a contest if they already have and may enter again and get DQ'd.
And I understand the server issue. But... Does it not back up the server just as much to have 10 "repost" messages as it does to have the messages themselves sitting there.

Some of the newbies (and some of the not-so-newbies aren't even bothering to post things because of the "repost deleted" messages. I know how to search and can search a million different ways and still may not come up with posts that have been previously put up.
So my question is this, can we just leave the posts alone? Unless there have been 5 or 6 reposts of the same contests all at once (maybe not that much but you get my drift) or do we have to live with "repost deleted" messages clogging up the threads and no one wanting to post anything for fear of being deleted.

A Juju Slave  

Committed in
I'm in

Addiction Index™:
Oct 27, 2006   324

Originally posted by ronnie99

So my question is this, can we just leave the posts alone? Unless there have been 5 or 6 reposts of the same contests all at once (maybe not that much but you get my drift) or do we have to live with "repost deleted" messages clogging up the threads and no one wanting to post anything for fear of being deleted.

The alternative is just to delete with no "repost deleted" message. The only reason we have been putting "repost deleted" is as a transition phase so that everyone realizes how many reposts they are making, and because everyone just keeps posting it again if it doesn't show up. I think you are right that it clutters up things and we will probably just start deleting again.

We actually ARE seeing mostly the same contests posted over and over because most reposts appear to be copied off the same other "freebie" sites word-for-word. It is surprising how many people will post and not even check yesterday or earlier the same day to see if it's a repost.

Really, if a contest is from a major company (Home Hardware, GM, Kraft, Dove, Sears) and started more than a couple of days ago it is almost a sure bet that it has already been posted. These type of contests are usually posted the day they start.

We decided not to just leave them because during the summer we had a LOT of complaints because about 80% of the posts made were either reposts, or posts complaining about reposts! This amounts to a lot of time spent by frusatrated members clicking on links just to find out they have already been there.

-A Juju Slave/Moderator

Babysitter  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Babysitter to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Babysitter
Send a Private Message to Babysitter!Visit Babysitter's homepage!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in Fredericton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 1482
Oct 27, 2006  1:28 PM 325

On a personal note. I'd like to see all the reposts automatically deleted. No sense in cluttering up with "repost deleted".
JMO

http://bd.lilypie.com/kyhWm3/.png
Antybird  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Antybird to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Antybird
Send a Private Message to Antybird!

Committed in Jan 2006
I'm in my happy place
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 188
Oct 31, 2006  12:54 PM 326

just wanted to say thank you ......I am getting a huge "kick" out of the additions to the bowl celebrating the holloween spirit! Nice job

It's more fun to color outside the lines!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Nov 02, 2006  9:50 PM 327

Originally posted by Antybird
just wanted to say thank you ......I am getting a huge "kick" out of the additions to the bowl celebrating the holloween spirit! Nice job

You'll like Xmas then -- that's when the Xmas smilies come out...

Costa The Slaveboy
jacqui  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add jacqui to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from jacqui
Send a Private Message to jacqui!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in bloomfield
new brunswick
Addiction Index™: 441
Nov 07, 2006  4:49 AM 328

Re: what crazy things do you do to save money? thread, something crazy happened yesterday I tried to quote someone and hadn't pressed go yet as I had not finished writhing my post.
Next thing I know I have 7 posts with nothing but a quote in them , I thought I had deleted them but this morning there they all are, and it wont let me delete them.
Any help please.

LAW OF PROBABILITY:The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
termit  
I live for Juju!
Add termit to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from termit
Send a Private Message to termit!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in the mood for christmas!!!
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1896
Nov 07, 2006  8:10 AM 329

You'll like Xmas then -- that's when the Xmas smilies come out...

It's technically christmas at my house! All the trees are up, the yards are decorated, the house is lighted and the christmas cd's are in the van...how long till the smilies come out??
termit

hip as a chip  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add hip as a chip to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from hip as a chip
Send a Private Message to hip as a chip!

Committed in Mar 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 328
Nov 12, 2006  12:18 AM 330

I'd love to see automatic deletion of posts which are simply a reply with quote "LOL" or some other inane jibberish, which they most probably do to increase their total post number.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   18 19 20 21   22   23 24 25 26  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
5:22 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)