It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Anyone ever do any work sharing?

Anyone ever do any work sharing?

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
wired  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Dec 08, 2009  6:08 PM 1

the program is something we have never done before at work and I was wondering if anyone has feedback on it?

from the forms I have read it said that they will share all the hours between employees BUT at my work place very few people are trained for every position and I have a few questions about that LOL

any feedback appreciated

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Dec 10, 2009  8:00 AM 2

I'll admit that I'm confused - what exactly is "work sharing"?

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Dec 10, 2009  9:03 AM 3

Originally posted by chdude3
I'll admit that I'm confused - what exactly is "work sharing"?

Normally it's when two people share (split the hours and workload of) one full-time job. This has worked out well in some situations where mothers of young children don't want to give up a demanding career but also want more time at home.

The above situation sounds like something else altogether, though.

pdickson  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add pdickson to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from pdickson
Send a Private Message to pdickson!

Committed in Dec 2009
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3
Dec 29, 2009  10:37 AM 4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wired
the program is something we have never done before at work and I was wondering if anyone has feedback on it?

from the forms I have read it said that they will share all the hours between employees BUT at my work place very few people are trained for every position and I have a few questions about that LOL

This is a Federal Govt Program that usually works very well. The hours are shared between all employees but of course there are many cases where there is only 4 people out of 20 that can do a specific job. Those 4 would share the job.
If there are 10 people that can do one job, then they would share the work. The rest of the group would share the remaining jobs.

It is a good program. There is an employee rep and a management rep who have the information. You should talk to them, and if they do not have the info , then ask them to speak to a Programs Officer.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Anyone ever do any work sharing?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:46 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)