It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   21 22 23 24   25   26  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Apr 18, 2009  7:28 AM 361

Originally posted by wisdomgirl
How does one know if the contest is already posted? Is their a google search link on the site?

On all my sites I have a search box, and was wondering if this site had one too?

Shelley

Just press the green "search" button that is at the top of each page.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Apr 18, 2009  2:09 PM 362

Originally posted by dewcat
Just press the green "search" button that is at the top of each page.

Thanks that was useful, because I had found a toronto star contest but tricia had placed it up.

Thanks Again,

Shelley

wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Apr 19, 2009  9:02 AM 363

when a posting is removed, why is nothing mentioned to the postee as to why it is removed?

I am only wondering, I have many web forums going, and when I remove one of their postings, etiquette demands me to let them know why in a polite fashion,

I posted up a few contests about the saddle, and because I do not believe in cheating to gain items, it was removed?

How does one enjoy something they have won, if you lie and cheat to gain it? doesnt that ruin the purpose of why you enter the contest?

dont you have a calculator to do a math question, or internet to look it up?

I do not feel it is fair to cheat, when some of us do it the right way, I would seriously freak out if I took the time to get the answer but a cheater won it, I have to be honest, I would report it to the company

I run two business's, one of them a graphic design business, and if I hosted contests, and they were cheating, they would would be cheating me from something of my business...

I make banner ads and all sorts of graphic displays, and even do web design..I make themes on NING, and learning themes in MULTIPLY,

I have to say I would be quite ticked if I felt my business was being ripped off, and would find a loop hole to SUE, I would be cautious because some company might end up doing it to gold fish legs, and the site could VANISH eventually...

is it really worth it,

pandoracat  
I'm a Juju slave!
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to pandoracat!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in to being cattie
GTA,Ontario
Addiction Index™: 65535
Apr 19, 2009  9:35 AM 364

If you are talking about the Silver Screen Classics Saddle Up contest,it was deleted as it was a repost.

If cats could talk,they wouldn't
wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Apr 20, 2009  8:19 AM 365

Originally posted by pandoracat
If you are talking about the Silver Screen Classics Saddle Up contest,it was deleted as it was a repost.

but when I entered it in the search button, it never came up pandora?

I search it everytime...

nothing came up for saddle entry,

wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Apr 20, 2009  8:23 AM 366

I dont know, maybe you guys are teenagers and do not understand about running a business of your own?

I plan on running contests for free graphic designs eventually, which takes time to make and do, I would want to know the person won it the right way...

I find you are not robbing just the prize, but the people behind who is giving it away...

I also do not understand why someone can not spend one or two dollars on a product for UPC code?

why not pitch in together and buy that person that chocolate bar and send them the upc code or something?

I guess because I stand on the other side of the fence in regards to being a business owner, my husband has a carpentry business as well, and who knows what sort of contests or give a ways we might do

I tell ya, i would be so ticked off to learn someone stole to get it or something like that, it is like ripping of me and my husband??

they are not only just a business people, they are HUMANS behind the contest

pandoracat  
I'm a Juju slave!
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to pandoracat!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in to being cattie
GTA,Ontario
Addiction Index™: 65535
Apr 20, 2009  8:43 AM 367

but when I entered it in the search button, it never came up pandora?

I search it everytime...

nothing came up for saddle entry,

The search button is not perfect.The contest was on the previous page in contests from where you posted.I don't just delete things to delete them.It was decided long ago to delete repeats as it slows down the bowl with the numerous reposts.

If cats could talk,they wouldn't
freakygirl  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add freakygirl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from freakygirl
Send a Private Message to freakygirl!Visit freakygirl's homepage!

Committed in Jan 2004
I'm in sane in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 916
Apr 20, 2009  11:02 AM 368

[Please leave this thread for legitmate Concerns and Comments]

Beware the Girl who Dances with Devils Edited by chdude3 on
Apr 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM

A Juju Slave  

Committed in
I'm in

Addiction Index™:
Apr 20, 2009   369

I find you are not robbing just the prize, but the people behind who is giving it away...

I also do not understand why someone can not spend one or two dollars on a product for UPC code?

why not pitch in together and buy that person that chocolate bar and send them the upc code or something?

I guess because I stand on the other side of the fence in regards to being a business owner, my husband has a carpentry business as well, and who knows what sort of contests or give a ways we might do

I tell ya, i would be so ticked off to learn someone stole to get it or something like that, it is like ripping of me and my husband??

they are not only just a business people, they are HUMANS behind the contest

Actually the Canadian government has established laws that govern contests and you are not allowed to have a contest in this country that requires the entrant to purchase something. This is why mail-in contests always allow hand-drawn copies of UPC codes and why there are several completely legal on-line sites that list UPC codes.
Members of this site consider contesting to be a hobby. They enjoy discussing their entries and wins with each other, share tips on where to buy products (new ones can be VERY difficult to find in smaller areas) and also share UPC's and discuss contest questions. Many times members have a lot of trouble understanding badly written math skill-testing questions and need help.
These things are all perfectly legal and legitimate.
We do not share UPC's if you are required to show proof-of-purchase upon winning, and we do not share photos/essays/recipes for competitive contests because that would be cheating. We also do not allow "vote-for-me" type posts that would give unfair advantage to the fastest poster.

Businesses that want to ensure that certain types of customers win their contests are able to write restrictive rules. For instance you have to be a Rogers customer for many of their contests and you have to be a female aged 16-35 for some magazine contests aimed at that market.

-A Juju Slave/Moderator

Fossil  
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Apr 20, 2009  4:48 PM 370

[Please leave this thread for legitmate Concerns and Comments]

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love! Edited by chdude3 on
Apr 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM

wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Apr 22, 2009  6:05 PM 371

Originally posted by A Juju Slave
Actually the Canadian government has established laws that govern contests and you are not allowed to have a contest in this country that requires the entrant to purchase something. This is why mail-in contests always allow hand-drawn copies of UPC codes and why there are several completely legal on-line sites that list UPC codes.
Members of this site consider contesting to be a hobby. They enjoy discussing their entries and wins with each other, share tips on where to buy products (new ones can be VERY difficult to find in smaller areas) and also share UPC's and discuss contest questions. Many times members have a lot of trouble understanding badly written math skill-testing questions and need help.
These things are all perfectly legal and legitimate.
We do not share UPC's if you are required to show proof-of-purchase upon winning, and we do not share photos/essays/recipes for competitive contests because that would be cheating. We also do not allow "vote-for-me" type posts that would give unfair advantage to the fastest poster.

Businesses that want to ensure that certain types of customers win their contests are able to write restrictive rules. For instance you have to be a Rogers customer for many of their contests and you have to be a female aged 16-35 for some magazine contests aimed at that market.

please post proof of a link of that, that they are not allowed to ask you to buy something for a contest, i want to see this LAW in a written format please

wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Apr 22, 2009  6:12 PM 372

I can not believe you dont think it is wrong to not buy the product,

I was shocked to see the dove one up, that product helps with the doves self esteem SLEEP OVER

that is for a CAUSE

and for a grandmother, you are not being very wise at all, how horrible, that is doves self esteem sleep over fund for a CAUSE

dont you people have limits?

what you cant afford five bucks to support a cause and get a upc number?

well I will see what dove says back to me about the laws then, because I did report it...

and I will see a lawyer on these contesting so called laws of not asking to purchase something to get in, I hardly doubt it..these are not small companies, people like dove etc...

but i will seek legal councel granny

wisdomgirl  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Apr 22, 2009  6:15 PM 373 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

Edit by a Juju Slave: [post deleted]

Here in Juju's Bowl we've got zero tolerance for personal attacks, threats, or harassment. Please try to debate the *topic* without making reference to the participants of the discussion. Try to respect views and beliefs that differ from your own.

If you feel that someone's post is a personal attack towards you, DO NOT RESPOND. Instead click on the 'Report' link to report the post to a moderator.

If someone annoys you, either skip past their posts or click on the 'Ignore' button to hide all future posts from that person.

Take a look at Rule of the Bowl #2: Disrespectful Posts Will Be Flushed

©7 Fish Heads in a Can -- For All Your Canned Text Needs!

Edit by a Juju Slave: Please remember to Stay on Topic. Juju likes the discussions here to be at least a little organized, and as such, doesn't like it when a human posts something which has nothing to do with the topic of the discussion. It's messy and disrespectful to the person who started the discussion.

This isn't a chat room, so you'll have to put some thought into your posts. If you want to discuss another topic, please start a new discussion instead of derailing the current one.

Please see Bowl Rule #3b: Stay On Topic for more details.

Edited by chdude3 on
Apr 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Apr 22, 2009  6:23 PM 374

please post proof of a link of that, that they are not allowed to ask you to buy something for a contest, i want to see this LAW in a written format please

Be careful HOW you phrase that. They can ask you if they please, but you cannot be FORCED to purchase something in order to enter the contest. This is the "no purchase necessary" that's part of any contest.

I'll leave you to do a little work on your own with Google, but what you're after is Section 206(1)(f) of the Criminal Code of Canada. Other aspects of 206(1) deal with things like the skill testing question, which changes a contest from something that is pure chance (illegal) into a game of chance plus skill and thus then lawful again.

Please feel free to seek counsel if you must, but I fear that you'll run into what I've described above. You may feel that some actions you've seen are not up to your moral standard, but that does not make them illegal.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good! Edited by chdude3 on
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:27 PM

freakygirl  
Add freakygirl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from freakygirl
Send a Private Message to freakygirl!Visit freakygirl's homepage!

Committed in Jan 2004
I'm in sane in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 916
Apr 22, 2009  7:24 PM 375

Edit by a Juju Slave: [post deleted]

Here in Juju's Bowl we've got zero tolerance for personal attacks, threats, or harassment. Please try to debate the *topic* without making reference to the participants of the discussion. Try to respect views and beliefs that differ from your own.

If you feel that someone's post is a personal attack towards you, DO NOT RESPOND. Instead click on the 'Report' link to report the post to a moderator.

If someone annoys you, either skip past their posts or click on the 'Ignore' button to hide all future posts from that person.

Take a look at Rule of the Bowl #2: Disrespectful Posts Will Be Flushed

Edit by a Juju Slave: Please remember to Stay on Topic. Juju likes the discussions here to be at least a little organized, and as such, doesn't like it when a human posts something which has nothing to do with the topic of the discussion. It's messy and disrespectful to the person who started the discussion.

This isn't a chat room, so you'll have to put some thought into your posts. If you want to discuss another topic, please start a new discussion instead of derailing the current one.

Please see Bowl Rule #3b: Stay On Topic for more details.

Beware the Girl who Dances with Devils Edited by chdude3 on
Apr 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   21 22 23 24   25   26  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
10:27 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)