It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   16 17 18 19   20   21 22 23 24  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Tickled Pink  
Growin' Gills!
Add Tickled Pink to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Tickled Pink
Send a Private Message to Tickled Pink!

Committed in Mar 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 793
Jun 06, 2006  10:32 AM 286

I just want too add a comment on the ads. For someone that is on dial-up and cant get cable out where i live when i go too sites that have ads on them the pages take forever too load. And i love this site because i can click on a page and its right there. I'm in other groups and they got ads and it drives me nuts having too sit there wating for the page too download just because there is an ad on the page. So i personally say the less ads the better for ppl that have dial-up

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
digital misfit  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add digital misfit to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from digital misfit
Send a Private Message to digital misfit!

Committed in Sep 2003
I'm in the shallow end of cyberspace

Addiction Index™: 1301
Jun 06, 2006  10:38 AM 287

Originally posted by Tickled Pink
I just want too add a comment on the ads. For someone that is on dial-up and cant get cable out where i live when i go too sites that have ads on them the pages take forever too load. And i love this site because i can click on a page and its right there. I'm in other groups and they got ads and it drives me nuts having too sit there wating for the page too download just because there is an ad on the page. So i personally say the less ads the better for ppl that have dial-up

Oh I am with you on that one, girl!
I have a cable connection, but still hate how long it takes for pages with ads - or worse - dozens of little flashy blinky .gifs.
Seriously - is the site so lacking in quality freebies and contests that they need to decorate it with so many cyber-sequins and glitter?
GFL - loads nice and quick, and has an appealing look without being gaudy.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
Denise  
I live for Juju!
Add Denise to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Denise
Send a Private Message to Denise!

Committed in Sep 2005
I'm in
NB
Addiction Index™: 2051
Jun 06, 2006  11:01 AM 288

i totally agree digital !

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jun 08, 2006  4:58 AM 289

Originally posted by brabb
Can you confirm that it is clicking to advertised sites that gets you cash to run this amazing site??

I know that we all would like to help with the financial end of it if it is as simple as a click or two.

Brabb

Yes, clicks = income. But I don't want forced clicks as it's against the Google terms of service and could get the site banned.

Click if the ad interests you, otherwise please don't click.

Costa The Slaveboy
brabb  
Growin' Gills!
Add brabb to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from brabb
Send a Private Message to brabb!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Winnipeg
Manitoba
Addiction Index™: 581
Jun 08, 2006  7:42 AM 290

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
Yes, clicks = income. But I don't want forced clicks as it's against the Google terms of service and could get the site banned.

Click if the ad interests you, otherwise please don't click.

Thanks for the clarification. If something catches my eye I will definitely be clicking.

Never build on low ground - build your house on the Rock.
wired  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Jun 13, 2006  7:59 PM 291

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
FOR THE IGNORE BUTTON

Some times its really really hard to just not say a thing
but theres always the delete button
and

thankfully there is the ignore button as well

and thanks for having no limits on the amount of users you CAN have on ignore

Fossil  
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Jun 26, 2006  3:26 PM 292

changing the subject - when I click on "The Bowl" at the top of the page to change pages, quite often lately I get a page that says "This web page cannot be opened with the specified browser request". Hello - computer dummy here - what does that mean?

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jun 29, 2006  6:01 PM 293

Originally posted by Fossil
changing the subject - when I click on "The Bowl" at the top of the page to change pages, quite often lately I get a page that says "This web page cannot be opened with the specified browser request". Hello - computer dummy here - what does that mean?

These are temporary server host issues. Same cause of the "403 Forbidden" errors when posting sometimes.

How often is "quite often"? (% of working vs. % error )

Costa The Slaveboy
Fossil  
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Jun 30, 2006  6:52 PM 294

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
These are temporary server host issues. Same cause of the "403 Forbidden" errors when posting sometimes.

How often is "quite often"? (% of working vs. % error )

It's erratic - sometimes its every time on a particular day - sometimes its only a couple of times a day - and sometimes its fine. I just wondered if it was something I was doing wrong

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
kalypso18  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add kalypso18 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from kalypso18
Send a Private Message to kalypso18!

Committed in May 2006
I'm in Calgary
AB
Addiction Index™: 442
Jul 19, 2006  6:42 PM 295

Okay it HAS to be said...

What is going on with the contest and freebie boards?
I for one, am sick and tired of people posting things that are NOT relevant!

If you have a question or comment please post it in the help section, we all look at that one as frequently as the other ones and so I can garantee SOMOEONE will answer your question!

I have never not had a question aswered, put it that way.

If you need to post because the link is broken, the poster got the STQ wrong or the poster missed a critical guideline like Ontairo only..then go ahead! These posts benefit us all.

Lets keep those boards for valid links only! Not all of us have the time to so thru 3 or 4 pages just to find a link.

Also, if you are new and want to post a link PLEASE at LEAST look thru this weeks worth of pages to make sure it has not already been posted! ie: scrubbing bubbles link, Tide link

Ok, whew..I am done.

brabb  
Growin' Gills!
Add brabb to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from brabb
Send a Private Message to brabb!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Winnipeg
Manitoba
Addiction Index™: 581
Jul 20, 2006  9:08 AM 296

Boy, the Freebie/Contest forum is getting hit by lots of spammers.

I am sorry that the Bowl is being bombarded by these weirdos. I hope that they will soon be tired of the Mods closing the threads.

Thank you to all the moderators who do the housekeeping and keep the forums running smoothly.

Brabb

Never build on low ground - build your house on the Rock.
jacqui  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add jacqui to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from jacqui
Send a Private Message to jacqui!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in bloomfield
new brunswick
Addiction Index™: 441
Jul 20, 2006  10:13 AM 297 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

Originally posted by brabb
Boy, the Freebie/Contest forum is getting hit by lots of spammers.

I am sorry that the Bowl is being bombarded by these weirdos. I hope that they will soon be tired of the Mods closing the threads.

Thank you to all the moderators who do the housekeeping and keep the forums running smoothly.

Brabb

I think its the same guy signing in with different names(I SAY GUY BECAUSE ITS ALWAYS A MANS NAME BEING USED)he`s really getting annoying I guess we`ll just have to wait him out and hope he gets tired of being shut down, and hopefully everyone in the freebie/contests realises he`s a spamer when he posts and doesn't click on the links hes trying to feed us

LAW OF PROBABILITY:The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
Babysitter  
Add Babysitter to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Babysitter
Send a Private Message to Babysitter!Visit Babysitter's homepage!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in Fredericton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 1482
Jul 20, 2006  11:07 AM 298

I agree, I think the MODS do a GREAT job!

I hope everyone can keep the "chit chat" to a minimum too. It's nice to thank someone, but maybe we should PM them or thank them over here outside the bowl if they'd like to publically thank them. I've been finding I've been wasting a lot of time lately seeing that there are new posts in a thread only to find there is nothing pertanant to that thread.. As I've been reading in the past week, a lot of other fishies have been feeling the same way.
I suggest just giving it a second thought b4 you hit the submit button as to your contribution to the thread. IMO.

Happy Contesting and freebing fishies.

Karen

http://bd.lilypie.com/kyhWm3/.png Edited by Babysitter on
Jul 20, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Damascus  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Damascus to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Damascus
Send a Private Message to Damascus!

Committed in Jun 2006
I'm in Amherst
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 195
Jul 20, 2006  11:40 AM 299

I think that it is pretty frustrating to go through page after page of the same message and I can imagine that being a mod would be very frustrating-especially with the spammer that has been hovering around lately. I think that they are doing their best. I have been guilty of repeating a question myself due to the lag in the posts appearing but I am making a concious effort now to see if it shows up later. Thumbs up on the Mods!

wins to date $155
Babysitter  
Add Babysitter to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Babysitter
Send a Private Message to Babysitter!Visit Babysitter's homepage!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in Fredericton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 1482
Jul 20, 2006  11:45 AM 300

Sometimes we can't help the lag and make repeat posts. To help the MODS maybe we can go back and DELETE our own repetitive questions, comments, chit chat.

http://bd.lilypie.com/kyhWm3/.png
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   16 17 18 19   20   21 22 23 24  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:46 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)