It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   15 16 17 18   19   20 21 22 23  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
susanann  
Succumbing to Mind Control...
Add susanann to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from susanann
Send a Private Message to susanann!

Committed in Mar 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 109
Mar 20, 2006  6:33 AM 271

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Abilityzone
There is no such thing as a stupid question, just silly answers!
Have a concern? Confused about a Bowl function? Unsure about where to post what?

Just wondering if this is something that can be posted on this site somewhere? You can vote as often as you like unitl March 22nd.
Thanks, Susan

***POST REMOVED***

Edited by a Juju Slave on
Mar 20, 2006 at 6:05 PM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Mar 20, 2006  6:09 PM 272

Originally posted by susanann
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Abilityzone
There is no such thing as a stupid question, just silly answers!
Have a concern? Confused about a Bowl function? Unsure about where to post what?

Just wondering if this is something that can be posted on this site somewhere? You can vote as often as you like unitl March 22nd.
Thanks, Susan

***POST REMOVED***

Hi Susan, "Vote for me" links aren't currently allowed due to the potential torrent of spam.

This is covered under Rule #1: No Promotional Posts of Any Kind. Specifically #5 & #7 cover the type of post your asking about.

And thanks for asking!

Costa The Slaveboy
Poppenjay  
Recently Committed Human
Add Poppenjay to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Poppenjay
Send a Private Message to Poppenjay!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in vancouver
bc
Addiction Index™: 26
Apr 09, 2006  1:49 AM 273

quation - some of my posts aren't appearing (as i write this i wonder if it will appear)...is this common? i'm on firefox if that matters. thanks.

edit: the posts were in "free", if that helps...

Edited by Poppenjay on
Apr 09, 2006 at 2:18 AM

dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Apr 09, 2006  7:49 AM 274

Originally posted by Poppenjay
quation - some of my posts aren't appearing (as i write this i wonder if it will appear)...is this common? i'm on firefox if that matters. thanks.

edit: the posts were in "free", if that helps...

In the "Free" and "melting pot" forums there is a posting delay because of problems with server load. How long it takes for your post to appear can vary from a few minutes to a couple of hours, depending on how heavy board use is at any particular time.
Don't worry, it WILL appear.

Fossil  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
May 29, 2006  3:24 PM 275

This is just a question out of curiosity - I know it is hard to access the avatar page - but why is it that sometimes NO avatars show up in the postings? At this moment, nobody has an avatar - but they probably will later - as I said, I'm just curious!

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
May 29, 2006  4:52 PM 276

Originally posted by Fossil
This is just a question out of curiosity - I know it is hard to access the avatar page - but why is it that sometimes NO avatars show up in the postings? At this moment, nobody has an avatar - but they probably will later - as I said, I'm just curious!

These things are tied together. When you can't see the avatars you also will not be able to change them because the server is too busy.

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
May 29, 2006  8:09 PM 277

Originally posted by dewcat
These things are tied together. When you can't see the avatars you also will not be able to change them because the server is too busy.

This is usually so unlike me to say however if it'd restore avatars and any "bowl is too busy" signs I wouldn't mind more google adwords or something being tossed on the site.

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

May 30, 2006  9:29 PM 278

Originally posted by NakedGord
This is usually so unlike me to say however if it'd restore avatars and any "bowl is too busy" signs I wouldn't mind more google adwords or something being tossed on the site.

More ads? That's a new one!

Where would you suggest they go? There's already some at the end of every thread page. I'm not putting any at the top that forces people to scroll more.

Any other creative spots? Some sites slap them right into the message body of the first post. I don't know if I'd like that ...

Costa The Slaveboy
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord

Committed in May 2001

May 30, 2006  10:55 PM 279

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
More ads? That's a new one!

Where would you suggest they go? There's already some at the end of every thread page. I'm not putting any at the top that forces people to scroll more.

Any other creative spots? Some sites slap them right into the message body of the first post. I don't know if I'd like that ...

Hmmm...good question.

Off the top of my head is possible to add a third ad at the bottom of the page where there's two now? I think there should be enough space.

You could also have them scrolling down along the side of the page.

Perhaps even see if any companies are interested in sticky threads at the top of hot deals or freebies (like for company sponsored coupons or freebies).

Are you registered with any of the advertising/marketing companies?

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Jun 01, 2006  11:23 PM 280

Hmmm...good question.

Off the top of my head is possible to add a third ad at the bottom of the page where there's two now? I think there should be enough space.

You could also have them scrolling down along the side of the page.

Perhaps even see if any companies are interested in sticky threads at the top of hot deals or freebies (like for company sponsored coupons or freebies).

Are you registered with any of the advertising/marketing companies?

Along the side would reduce the width which I'm also not sure I'd like.

Bottom would be fine since it wouldn't intrude, but anything too far past the messages won't be seen.

Company-sponsored ads are hard to get not to mention lots of wasted time with emails back and forth. Even then, don't think they'd pay enough to warrant a faster server. It's tough unless you get tons of traffic.

Costa The Slaveboy
Fossil  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Jun 02, 2006  2:02 PM 281 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

I don't think I would like ads down the side either, but on the bottom would be great - lets all spread the word & gets LOTS more traffic!

And, I know this has been asked a million times, but I did a search & couldn't find it - WHY do my photos not show up when I try to post them? I have them uploaded to the web but must be doing something wrong when I try to post them

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Jun 02, 2006  9:01 PM 282

Along the side would reduce the width which I'm also not sure I'd like.

Bottom would be fine since it wouldn't intrude, but anything too far past the messages won't be seen.

Company-sponsored ads are hard to get not to mention lots of wasted time with emails back and forth. Even then, don't think they'd pay enough to warrant a faster server. It's tough unless you get tons of traffic.

From what I understand about ad the site gets paid just by them loading up however get alot more when clicked so there could be another entire row at the bottom below the popular stores/current deals boxes.

on the main deals site there's also a huge open space along the left side which could be used for adsense or just banners with your affilate link to Amazon etc.

Have you considered a marketing service like: http://www.marketplace.bell.ca/ ?

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more... Edited by NakedGord on
Jun 03, 2006 at 12:27 AM

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Jun 03, 2006  9:47 PM 283

From what I understand about ad the site gets paid just by them loading up however get alot more when clicked so there could be another entire row at the bottom below the popular stores/current deals boxes.

Nope, just paid for clicks. No CPM stuff as it requires above-the-fold placement.

on the main deals site there's also a huge open space along the left side which could be used for adsense or just banners with your affilate link to Amazon etc.

Yeah, don't know how much I want to clutter it up though... it bugs me on sites I visit, so I don't want to do that on my own site.

Have you considered a marketing service like: http://www.marketplace.bell.ca/ ?

Cool! Never heard of this -- we'll see what they say...

Costa The Slaveboy
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Jun 04, 2006  3:48 PM 284

Cool! Never heard of this -- we'll see what they say...

I can dig up more services like that if you like however I won't be able to vouch for the quality of any of them however I imagine Bell must be alright at least.

I get the feeling that freebies might be the biggest interest for advertisers since it gets the most traffic than any other forum and (I think) the majority of the posters are females who'd have decision making authority over most of the purchuses for their home.

One thing that can *really* help too are polls geared to the interests of advertisers so they can better gague on if a site would be good for targeted advertising.

Like a "Favourite brand of toothpaste" would be good for toothpaste companies who finish in the top 2 or 3 etc so they know where they can go to advertise to increase their market share.

Or even in the Entertainment forum if a poll said most people just watch movies on DVD Cineplex Odeon may want to promote their service more.

brabb  
Growin' Gills!
Add brabb to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from brabb
Send a Private Message to brabb!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Winnipeg
Manitoba
Addiction Index™: 581
Jun 06, 2006  7:27 AM 285

Nope, just paid for clicks. No CPM stuff as it requires above-the-fold placement.

Can you confirm that it is clicking to advertised sites that gets you cash to run this amazing site??

I know that we all would like to help with the financial end of it if it is as simple as a click or two.

Brabb

Never build on low ground - build your house on the Rock.
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   15 16 17 18   19   20 21 22 23  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
10:10 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)