It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Bad Santa: Phenomenal Movie!

Bad Santa: Phenomenal Movie!

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
mbg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
Dec 03, 2003  12:46 PM 16

Originally posted by Chuck
I think its that we perceive our 14 year olds to be the equivilent in maturity to an American 18 year old

This makes America sound pretty bad when you consider that Canadian 40 year olds have about the same maturity as some country's 18 year olds.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
movieking  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add movieking to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from movieking
Send a Private Message to movieking!Visit movieking's homepage!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in St. John's
NF
Addiction Index™: 535
Dec 03, 2003  3:33 PM 17

Saw it, loved it. Want to see it again. That is all.

gaitergal  
Add gaitergal to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gaitergal
Send a Private Message to gaitergal!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in the Maritimes, eh?

Addiction Index™: 959
Dec 04, 2003  9:43 AM 18

That chubby little boy is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Great movie. I'll probably see it again before Christmas.

"Today was a difficult day, tomorrow will be better" - Kevin Henkes, Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
bookhead  
Add bookhead to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bookhead
Send a Private Message to bookhead!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in side your computer

Addiction Index™: 1491
Dec 10, 2003  6:08 AM 20

Saw Bad Santa again tonight with a good Tuesday night crowd - I find it increasingly difficult to understand people who can diss this movie or worse - say it's okay! I guess they just cannot grasp* the worldview the director is embracing. This is a literal freakin' masterpiece. The emotional tone is continually modulated on the Xmas riff in a note perfect performance by director Zwigoff. I didn't think he could ever top Crumb especially after the merely great Ghost World. but lo and behold we witness the birth of genius in Bad Santa. The good news is of course it's making some $$$, so that means we'll get to see another movie from Terry (2004's Art School Confidential!?!?!?).

Hurray for Bad Santa! Hurray for movies!

(* "The thing we are trying to grasp, is the grasp that is trying to grasp it."
-R.D.Laing, The Politics of Experience)

Civilization is a pyramid scheme. -Ronald Wright
Chuck  
Add Chuck to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Chuck
Send a Private Message to Chuck!Visit Chuck's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Belleville
ON
Addiction Index™: 1429
Dec 10, 2003  7:16 AM 21

Originally posted by bookhead
Saw Bad Santa ...I find it increasingly difficult to understand people who can diss this movie or worse - say it's okay! .... I didn't think he could ever top Crumb especially after the merely great Ghost World.

Different strokes for different folks. I personally disliked Ghost World -- never even watched the second half of it.

Artistic doesn't equal entertaining to many people ( myself included ). Most film's that win Oscars are films that I typically avoid. Im not much of a fan of Dramas.

I will give Bad Santa a chance at least ( once it hits DVD ).

www.kittyfantastico.com
nikopup  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add nikopup to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from nikopup
Send a Private Message to nikopup!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in cognito
ONTARIO
Addiction Index™: 520
Dec 11, 2003  7:43 AM 22

Chapters: Free Shipping on Toy orders $25 or over!!

I have to go see it again as I missed half the movie because I was laughing so hard. This is definitely a buy the dvd asap. I have to say they couldnt have found a more appropriate santa.

Side note...a half dozen kids @7-8 in the theatre. WITH their parents. Nice one.

I hope its a freebie!
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Dec 13, 2003  7:50 PM 23

I kinda liked Ghost World, and I'm looking forward to Art School Confidential, but Bad Santa just wasn't my cup of tea, even though I like black-comedies. I chuckled a few times. I laughed out loud about two times. But for most of the movie, I sat there bored and not entertained. And the music was really bad!

The nicest thing I can say about this movie is that I didn't know what the heck was gonna happen next.

Dave.

Chuck  
Add Chuck to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Chuck
Send a Private Message to Chuck!Visit Chuck's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Belleville
ON
Addiction Index™: 1429
Dec 15, 2003  7:51 AM 25

Most of choose not to let our kids watch certain movies until they are mature enough to handle the content.

We don't all have children like yours ( as I do recall you letting your children watch anything thats "artistic", however you stear them away from what most kids are entertained by ).

www.kittyfantastico.com
TwoToneBlue  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add TwoToneBlue to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from TwoToneBlue
Send a Private Message to TwoToneBlue!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Binary
Wirral, New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 317
Dec 17, 2003  7:27 AM 26

I must admint that this has now become my new favorite Xmas movie. Can't wait until this DVD hits the shelves.!!

"Are you F*!#ing with me kid"

"Outta my way Jerkass!!!" - Homer J Simpson
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Bad Santa: Phenomenal Movie!   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
9:13 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)