It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Magazine subscriptions for children

Magazine subscriptions for children

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Fossil  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Sep 21, 2012  1:48 PM 1

I want to give magazine subscriptions to my two grandchildren, a girl age 2 1/2 and a boy age 8. Can anybody recommend magazines appropriate for these age groups? The boy particularly likes puzzles, games & projects and simple stories he can read himself. The little girl likes to be read to, but also likes age appropriate games and puzzles.

The closest I've found to what I want is called "Highlights" I think, but at almost $50 per magazine subscription it's out of my price range

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
sunshynes  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add sunshynes to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sunshynes
Send a Private Message to sunshynes!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in a do-not-disturb room.
northern Ontario
Addiction Index™: 507
Sep 22, 2012  5:53 AM 2 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

Originally posted by Fossil
I want to give magazine subscriptions to my two grandchildren, a girl age 2 1/2 and a boy age 8. Can anybody recommend magazines appropriate for these age groups? The boy particularly likes puzzles, games & projects and simple stories he can read himself. The little girl likes to be read to, but also likes age appropriate games and puzzles.

The closest I've found to what I want is called "Highlights" I think, but at almost $50 per magazine subscription it's out of my price range

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

There's Nat Geographic Kids (& Little Kids)
Nat'l Geo for Kids

Or Chirp/Chickadee/Owl (depending on age)
Chirp, Chickadee & Owl

My daughter used to get both as gifts every year from her grands--we went through all 3 of the second one as she got older. They were both great fun for her.

Madness takes it's toll...please have exact change.
Fossil  
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Sep 23, 2012  3:49 PM 3

Originally posted by sunshynes
There's Nat Geographic Kids (& Little Kids)
Nat'l Geo for Kids

Or Chirp/Chickadee/Owl (depending on age)
Chirp, Chickadee & Owl

My daughter used to get both as gifts every year from her grands--we went through all 3 of the second one as she got older. They were both great fun for her.

These are both great suggestions - but unfortunately for 2 subscriptions I'm still looking at around $80 for the Chirp etc. (they already have the National Geo). I was hoping to find something a little cheaper

dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Sep 25, 2012  7:22 AM 4

They really are expensive. You can probably get the price down a little through Rogers magazine service.

You can get them free 2 yr. subscriptions for different age ranges to Lego magazine here: http://club1.lego.com/en-US/subscri...mp;CountryId=US

belgiankona  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Sep 25, 2012  11:18 AM 5

According to this link Lego free for 2 yrs

http://club1.lego.com/en-US/subscri...mp;CountryId=US

Fossil  

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Sep 25, 2012  11:27 AM 6

Thanks for your help guys - they already have the Lego magazine, but I will try Rogers

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Magazine subscriptions for children   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
4:16 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)