It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > Share Your Favorite Recipe

Share Your Favorite Recipe

Go to FIRST page   1   2 3 4 5  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 24
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
hawgirl  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add hawgirl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from hawgirl
Send a Private Message to hawgirl!

Committed in Sep 2001
I'm in
beautiful Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 391
Nov 16, 2001  8:29 AM 1

Let's all post a favorite Christmas recipe that we can share with everyone. I love to bake at Christmas and am always looking for good recipes.

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

3 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 cup chocolate chips
2 cup mini marshmello's
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together sugar, margarine & milk in a microwave safe bowl. Micro on high for 4 minutes. Stir. Micro on high for 3 minutes. Stir. Micro on high for 3 minutes. Add choc. chips, marshmello's & vanilla. Stir until the chips & marshmello's are melted. Pour in waxed paper lined 9x13 pan. Let cool, cut and watch them disappear.

You can also add 1/2 cup nuts or exchange the choc. chips for butterscotch chips.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
hawgirl  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add hawgirl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from hawgirl
Send a Private Message to hawgirl!

Committed in Sep 2001
I'm in
beautiful Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 391
Nov 19, 2001  8:07 AM 2

Doesn't anyone have any recipes to share?

sweetbabysam  
I've converted to jujuism.
Add sweetbabysam to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sweetbabysam
Send a Private Message to sweetbabysam!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in terpreting the language of love.

Addiction Index™: 3966
Nov 19, 2001  8:29 AM 3

Originally posted by hawgirl
Doesn't anyone have any recipes to share?

Sorry hawgirl, I missed this thread somehow, I'll dig some up and get back to ya!

Here in the reel world, beauty is only fin deep.
~Sammy~

dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Nov 19, 2001  8:58 AM 4

This is sweet but no-fail and delicious:
Sucre a la creme (caramel fudge)
2 cups brown sugar
6 oz. evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Heat brown sugar, evap. milk and butter in saucepan. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat and add icing sugar. Mix well. If it is too thin you can add a bit more icing sugar(1/4-1/2 cup) Stir in nuts and pour into 8 inch buttered pan. Cool and cut into squares.

sweetbabysam  
Add sweetbabysam to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sweetbabysam

Committed in May 2001

Nov 19, 2001  9:08 AM 5

Btw, was it you or emily who started the homemade x-mas presents thread? I have quite a few contibutions for that as well.

~Sammy~

Emily  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Emily to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Emily
Send a Private Message to Emily!Visit Emily's homepage!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Kingston
ON
Addiction Index™: 1352
Nov 19, 2001  10:23 AM 6 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

home made presents - that was me. I'm still looking so please post! I just got a sewing machine as a gift (!) so all options are now open!

Here are a couple of good recipes for if you are making gifts to give (or yummy things for yourself) - very easy and fast!!

Raspberry Hot Chocolate mix:
mix 3 cups of hot chocolate mix with 1 packet of unsweetened raspberry Koolaid (so easy!!!)

Cinnamon sugar:
Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar with 2 tbsp flour and 1 tsp cinnamon (you could leave out the flour but it makes a better texture). Good for sprinkling on buttered toast, cream-cheesed bagels, pancakes, waffles, etc. Or, try in your coffee.

Put either recipe in a nice little jar (Michael's has some cute ones in their baking section) and tie it up with a ribbon and a chocolate dipped spoon.

Yum!
Emily

sweetbabysam  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 19, 2001  2:26 PM 7

it looks good and it's in keeping with the holiday theme....

Cinnamon-Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients
2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup chopped, lightly toasted pecans or walnuts

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves 4 to 6

Directions
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with salted water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pot. Stir over low heat for 1 minute to dry the potatoes slightly.

2. Mash potatoes until smooth. Add the cream and salt and beat until fluffy. Beat in the maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg.

3. Just before serving, sprinkle the sweet potatoes with pecans.

~Sammy~

sweetbabysam  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 19, 2001  3:23 PM 8

Grand Marnier-Cranberry Relish

Making cranberry relish is a snap with a food processor. Here, a traditional relish is dressed up by adding Grand Marnier.

2 large thin-skinned navel oranges, unpeeled
1 lb. fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup Grand Marnier liqueur or orange juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1. Wash oranges well. Cut entire orange, skin and all, into 1-inch pieces; place in food processor.

2. Add cranberries. Pulse until fruits are thoroughly chopped but not mushy.

3. Add sugar, Grand Marnier and orange juice; pulse to mix. Spoon into serving bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.

~Sammy~

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Nov 19, 2001  3:58 PM 9

How about just tasty recipes in general? I've found that I've been getting more culinary in my old age, but I would certainly appreciate hearing about people's favourite recipes, be they from a book, or just a family tradition. Chicken, veggies, sweets, I'd love to hear anything!

Thanks for the ones so far - the Sweet Potatoes sound really good sam. And microwave fudge! I can see making that in the near future...

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
Emily  
Add Emily to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Emily

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Kingston
ON
Nov 19, 2001  9:47 PM 10

The PERFECT dish to bring to my boyfriend's family's Christmas dinner potluck! Thankyou!

One year I was supposed to make the jello. They usually do a layered jello. I find jello incredibly gross (and also being vegetarian, it's not for me to eat anyway) BUT to try to impress the potential future in-laws, I attempted to make it with fruit embedded in it. A total disaster - the jello never set. I ended up bringing fruit salad instead, whipped up 20 minutes before we left. I liked that better but I think the family kids were majorly disappointed!

So now they assign me vegetables

Emily

Neen  

Add Neen to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Neen
Send a Private Message to Neen!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Addiction Index™: 4098
Nov 19, 2001  11:17 PM 11

Chocolate Shortbread!!

1 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 cup icing sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 cup of cocoa

Measure butter into mixing bowl, cream until soft. Sift in flour, cocoa, icicng sugar and salt. Mix together until blended into a soft dough. If very soft, chill in refrigerator for 1/2 hour. Shape into 1" balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart. Flatten dough with fork. Bake in 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove from pan.
Yeild: 3-4 dozen

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
sweetbabysam  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 20, 2001  7:08 AM 12

Originally posted by Emily
One year I was supposed to make the jello. They usually do a layered jello. I find jello incredibly gross (and also being vegetarian, it's not for me to eat anyway) BUT to try to impress the potential future in-laws, I attempted to make it with fruit embedded in it. A total disaster - the jello never set.

Try this one em:

Orange fluff salad

1 large box orange jello
1 can 16 oz can crushed pineapple
2 cans mandarin oranges drained
1 container small curd cottage cheese
1 large tub coolwhip
1 jar marschino cherrys cut in half

First in a saucepan pour in can of pineapple and box of orange jello place on low heat until jello is disolved,remove form heat, pour into large mixing bowl, then add the contain of cottage cheese and stir, then fold in tub of coolwhip, then after folded put in orange and cherrys and stir, cover and place in fridge for a few hours till firm, this is the best fruit salad, a favorite at all the holidays .

~Sammy~

Emily  

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Kingston
ON
Nov 20, 2001  9:21 PM 13

Does it have to be a special kind of pineapple? I think the pineapple was the problem with mine not setting. Cooked or uncooked? Does that make a difference?

Thanks for the recipe. You really are the recipe queen!
Emily.

sweetbabysam  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 20, 2001  9:26 PM 14

Originally posted by Emily
Does it have to be a special kind of pineapple? I think the pineapple was the problem with mine not setting. Cooked or uncooked? Does that make a difference?

Thanks for the recipe. You really are the recipe queen!
Emily.

Nope, canned is A-Ok, just make sure it's well drained, even pat it dry with some paper towel.

~Sammy~

sweetbabysam  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 21, 2001  10:30 AM 15

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (no milk or butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping: (I often double the topping to add a sweeter flavor)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup all-purpose flower
2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine

In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2 qt. casserole dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown
Serves 8-10

~Sammy~

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2 3 4 5  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 24
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > Share Your Favorite Recipe   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:40 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)