It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Staples $20-off coupons and deals

Staples $20-off coupons and deals

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   7 8 9 10   11   12  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 12
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
bylo  
I live for Juju!
Add bylo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bylo
Send a Private Message to bylo!Visit bylo's homepage!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Addiction Index™: 3053
Dec 14, 2006  1:34 PM 151

Staples has changed to a new format for coupon codes, e.g. 8315981703937742. Does anyone know if these are "personalized" and will work only once, or are generic like the old ones?

><((((º> • <º))))><
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Dec 21, 2006  3:46 AM 152

Originally posted by bylo
Staples has changed to a new format for coupon codes, e.g. 8315981703937742. Does anyone know if these are "personalized" and will work only once, or are generic like the old ones?

I guess the best way to figure this out is to see if 2 people get the same code emailed to them.

Someone sent in these two:

Costa The Slaveboy
bylo  
I live for Juju!
Add bylo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bylo

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Jan 11, 2007  1:48 PM 153

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
I guess the best way to figure this out is to see if 2 people get the same code emailed to them.

Someone sent in these two:

To answer the question, it seems that coupon codes are now unique. In the first of your codes the 84394 is the same as the old 5-digit coupon code, the 8170393774 is the customer number of the person who sent it to you and the last digit seems to be some sort of check digit.

The really bad news is that when you try to redeem one of these new coupons Staples' checkout system compares the account number you're using to make the purchase to the account number on the coupon. You then get the following message:

An error has occurred:

The coupon number entered is invalid or the coupon has expired. The coupon can not be used.

Coupon Code: 8293201372*****

I know this because I seem to have more than one account at Staples and I just tried to use a coupon code that I received with a different account number from the coupon code

><((((º> • <º))))><
bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Jan 11, 2007  2:00 PM 154

Update: There may be good news after all

It seems that if I just use the first 5 digits of the new code Staples' online system accepts it and lets me continue through checkout. Now I'll have to see if they accept the order.

In any case, some coupon codes that may work:

$30 off $150 min, phone, fax or online
Exp. 09-Feb-07
Coupon code: 82932

$20 off $200 min, phone, fax or online
Exp. 23-Jan-07
Coupon code: 82753

$20 off $200 min, phone, fax or online
Exp. 13-Jan-07
Coupon code: 85860

><((((º> • <º))))><
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jan 12, 2007  12:56 AM 155

To answer the question, it seems that coupon codes are now unique. In the first of your codes the 84394 is the same as the old 5-digit coupon code, the 8170393774 is the customer number of the person who sent it to you and the last digit seems to be some sort of check digit.

The really bad news is that when you try to redeem one of these new coupons Staples' checkout system compares the account number you're using to make the purchase to the account number on the coupon. You then get the following message:

I know this because I seem to have more than one account at Staples and I just tried to use a coupon code that I received with a different account number from the coupon code

Well, that sucks. If we knew how the check digit is derived, then we could replace the account # with our own, and derive the check digit. Though these codes still wouldn't be postable due to the complexity of the process...

Costa The Slaveboy
bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Jan 12, 2007  9:04 AM 156

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs Well, that sucks. If we knew how the check digit is derived, then we could replace the account # with our own, and derive the check digit. Though these codes still wouldn't be postable due to the complexity of the process...

Well not necessarily. I only have two examples so far but in both cases the "check digit" (I'm not absolutely certain that that's what it is) is the same. So if it really is a check digit, it probably applies to the account number only. In that case people could just wait until they get one coupon from Staples to find out what their account number plus check digit is, then use the 5-digit coupon codes posted here with their account number appended.

In any case, my order went through with only the 5-digit coupon code. I got a confirming e-mail and delivery is scheduled for today.

Unfortunately it also seems that Staples has stopped e-mailing me some of the weekly $20 coupons that they used to. So now I've got fewer coupon codes to "analyse." Some of those other coupon codes that have come by e-mail seem to have something other than an account number. I suspect that these are intended for people who don't yet have an online account with Staples. The research continues...

><((((º> • <º))))><
uff8site  
Recently Committed Human
Add uff8site to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from uff8site
Send a Private Message to uff8site!

Committed in Mar 2005
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 12
Jan 13, 2007  7:00 PM 157

Well not necessarily. I only have two examples so far but in both cases the "check digit" (I'm not absolutely certain that that's what it is) is the same. So if it really is a check digit, it probably applies to the account number only. In that case people could just wait until they get one coupon from Staples to find out what their account number plus check digit is, then use the 5-digit coupon codes posted here with their account number appended.

In any case, my order went through with only the 5-digit coupon code. I got a confirming e-mail and delivery is scheduled for today.

Unfortunately it also seems that Staples has stopped e-mailing me some of the weekly $20 coupons that they used to. So now I've got fewer coupon codes to "analyse." Some of those other coupon codes that have come by e-mail seem to have something other than an account number. I suspect that these are intended for people who don't yet have an online account with Staples. The research continues...

What code did you use? The 3 you posted didn't work for me. Also, just to tell you, the 16 digit codes are one-time use codes. They can be used on any account (not only restricted to the account number that appears in the coupon), but they can only be used once.

Anyways, I found 3 codes on RFD: 62612, 62617, and 62621. They're all $20 off $200 codes.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/...ad.php?t=389024

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Jan 13, 2007  9:43 PM 158

Originally posted by uff8site
What code did you use? The 3 you posted didn't work for me.

Well the first one, 82932, worked fine for me, as is, i.e. with no account number. Delivery was yesterday as promised.

><((((º> • <º))))><
uff8site  
Recently Committed Human
Add uff8site to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from uff8site

Committed in Mar 2005
I'm in

Jan 13, 2007  10:00 PM 159

I get an error code when I try to apply the coupon. For the account in which you applied the coupon, did you happen to receive a similar 16-digit coupon that had those first 5 digits?

bylo  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Jan 14, 2007  8:19 AM 160

Originally posted by uff8site For the account in which you applied the coupon, did you happen to receive a similar 16-digit coupon that had those first 5 digits?

I'm not sure, but I think not. For some reason (probably because I moved a year and some ago) I seem to have at least 2 accounts with Staples even though I only use one of them. The account number on the coupon I got was for the unused account, although I can't be sure they didn't also send one to the account I used to place the order but they sent it to my old address.

It would be interesting to see what happanes if people who get valid coupons would try to redeem them using just the first 5 digits of the coupon number, and only if that fails, try the full number.

><((((º> • <º))))><
uff8site  
Recently Committed Human

Committed in Mar 2005
I'm in

Jan 14, 2007  8:44 PM 161

^ I tried that with my 16 digit code. It didn't work. It required all 16 digits.

uff8site  
Recently Committed Human

Committed in Mar 2005
I'm in

Jan 22, 2007  7:18 PM 162

Found these @ RFD as well: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/...ad.php?t=389024

$20 Off $200
Code: 93376, 93382, 93396
Expires: February 4, 2007

gilsan  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
Feb 08, 2007  2:38 PM 163

coupon code 80695 $30 off of $150 good until Feb 9

snugabugblankets.etsy.com
Abilityzone  
I've got an Eraser, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Add Abilityzone to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Abilityzone
Send a Private Message to Abilityzone!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Serious need of a
Life, Ontario
Addiction Index™: 2829
Mar 14, 2007  12:59 PM 164

$20 off $200

Coupon code: 5265690004423510

Exp. 20-Mar-07

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
Pink Floyd AZ

Abilityzone  
I've got an Eraser, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Add Abilityzone to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Abilityzone
Send a Private Message to Abilityzone!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Serious need of a
Life, Ontario
Addiction Index™: 2829
Mar 15, 2007  8:59 AM 165

$20 off $200 - Exp. 20-Mar-07

Coupon code: 5265601312008265

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
Pink Floyd AZ

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   7 8 9 10   11   12  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 12
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Staples $20-off coupons and deals   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
12:36 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)