It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Any DVD rental places in Canada...

Any DVD rental places in Canada...

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Jun 24, 2001  11:35 PM 1

I should know this but don't.

I want to start to rent discs on-line so I'll know if it's worth paying $40 for an obscure movie I can't rent at jumbo to find out.

I've heard of netflix but don't know if they deal with Canada or if there is a Canadian retailer that is trustworthy?

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jun 25, 2001  12:33 AM 2

There was http://dvdhype.com

but I stopped mentioning them after they put their business up for sale on eBay. If they don't believe in their business, I don't see why customers should.

And there's one more that's being revamped at the moment which I'll post in a few days (i.e. when it's ready).

Costa The Slaveboy
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Jun 25, 2001  4:19 PM 3

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
And there's one more that's being revamped at the moment which I'll post in a few days (i.e. when it's ready).

ooh. You've caught my interest I wait with bated breath...

zoro69  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Jul 03, 2001  2:13 PM 4

Chapters: Free Shipping on Toy orders $25 or over!!

ANyone ever tried DVDhype? It sounds like a deal but I'm wondering with the turnaround time in the mail just how many discs you could watch in a month, plus if you couldn't happen to watch them on the day the arrived, it strikes me that "unlimited" may be quite limited. I wonder if there isn't a B&M opportunity along this line, considering Netflix US$20 month, the postage must really eat into that. Maybe a no frills retail location "one price" plan in some incaranation(cahnge your movie x times a month with no return time if you keep the smae one longer?), with the shipping cost paying the rent? Of course you couldn't offer "garanteed in stock", but would price+convenience make up for less selection? I'm surprised no one has tried that. Hmmm It seems a lot to spend near $5 to rent a disc that can be bought for $20-30

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jul 03, 2001  4:07 PM 5

Originally posted by zoro69
ANyone ever tried DVDhype? It sounds like a deal but I'm wondering with the turnaround time in the mail just how many discs you could watch in a month, plus if you couldn't happen to watch them on the day the arrived, it strikes me that "unlimited" may be quite limited.

I rented a few from DVDHype several months ago. Service worked great. I was very sad when I saw their business up for sale on Ebay. Lost all trust in them at that point.

Costa The Slaveboy
Chuck  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Chuck to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Chuck
Send a Private Message to Chuck!Visit Chuck's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Belleville
ON
Addiction Index™: 1429
Jul 04, 2001  9:56 AM 6

Juju -- shall I chime in ?

Jonnhy99  
Succumbing to Mind Control...
Add Jonnhy99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Jonnhy99
Send a Private Message to Jonnhy99!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 54
Jul 04, 2001  1:42 PM 7

dam ebay! dam I wanted to join, but that ebay thing is keeping me away now.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Any DVD rental places in Canada...   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
5:28 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)