It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Baby Food Stains (Carrots....)

Baby Food Stains (Carrots....)

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
alligator  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add alligator to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from alligator
Send a Private Message to alligator!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in The wilds of suburbia with my
sweetie, ON
Addiction Index™: 977
Apr 01, 2007  2:48 PM 1

Well we've started into the exciting world of *real* food . and along with it are now real food stains...we have baby oxyclean which worked fine on prunes but didn't do nearly so well on carrots...normally we use ivory snow for her wash still. I hear also that banana stains (who knew?) although she hasn't tried those yet...any tips?

Life is not a dress rehearsal.
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Denise  
I live for Juju!
Add Denise to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Denise
Send a Private Message to Denise!

Committed in Sep 2005
I'm in
NB
Addiction Index™: 2051
Apr 01, 2007  5:31 PM 2

I used Amaze on all my baby stains. Everything always came out perfect.......even cloth diapers. Good luck!

alligator  
Add alligator to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from alligator

Committed in May 2002
sweetie, ON
Apr 01, 2007  8:13 PM 3

Originally posted by Denise
I used Amaze on all my baby stains. Everything always came out perfect.......even cloth diapers. Good luck!

I've never heard of it. where do you get it? at the grocery store? did you use it to pretreat or just as your regular laundry detergent?

Denise  
I live for Juju!
Add Denise to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Denise

Committed in Sep 2005
I'm in
NB
Apr 02, 2007  6:15 AM 4

yes i always got it at Sobeys. I used it as a presoak and a booster to regular detergent. It really lives up to it's name!
It even took care of stains on baby clothes we got second hand.
And my cloth diapers were always pure white.
My grandmother-in-law still tells everybody what a whiz I was at getting baby clothes clean and when I start telling her 'No, it was this great stuff I used.....she stops me and says "no, you just knew what to do even after the baby had speghetti and it got all over her outfit and you just threw it in a bag and said 'I'll take care of it later"
I always soaked any stained clothes overnight and washed them in the morning. I think the long soaking time makes all the difference.
(I could be a hired spokesperson...lol)

Have fun with your baby. I always loved watching them try new foods.

Babysitter  
Add Babysitter to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Babysitter
Send a Private Message to Babysitter!Visit Babysitter's homepage!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in Fredericton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 1482
Apr 02, 2007  7:56 AM 5

Originally posted by Denise
yes i always got it at Sobeys. I used it as a presoak and a booster to regular detergent. It really lives up to it's name!
It even took care of stains on baby clothes we got second hand.
And my cloth diapers were always pure white.
My grandmother-in-law still tells everybody what a whiz I was at getting baby clothes clean and when I start telling her 'No, it was this great stuff I used.....she stops me and says "no, you just knew what to do even after the baby had speghetti and it got all over her outfit and you just threw it in a bag and said 'I'll take care of it later"
I always soaked any stained clothes overnight and washed them in the morning. I think the long soaking time makes all the difference.
(I could be a hired spokesperson...lol)

Have fun with your baby. I always loved watching them try new foods.

Thanks for the Tip Denise.
..Your more than welcome to come watch at my house...lol

http://bd.lilypie.com/kyhWm3/.png
gaitergal  
Add gaitergal to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gaitergal
Send a Private Message to gaitergal!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in the Maritimes, eh?

Addiction Index™: 959
Apr 09, 2007  12:35 PM 6

Good tip, Denise! I'll have to try it -- my cloth diapers aren't so white lately.

"Today was a difficult day, tomorrow will be better" - Kevin Henkes, Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
alligator  

Committed in May 2002
sweetie, ON
Sep 21, 2007  5:09 PM 7

Okay so I bought the Amaze, loved it, ran out and can't find it. AAK!

I looked at walmart and the great canadian superstore (where i bought it the first time) and apparently they're not carrying it anymore at the superstore and I just went looking on the sunlight website and it doesn't show it there - was it discontinued? help!

alligator  

Committed in May 2002
sweetie, ON
Sep 24, 2007  4:05 PM 8

So in my continued search for Amaze I found out from the Dominion that it has indeed been discontinued! Instead I bought some Arm and Hammer "So Clean" which seemed like it was a similar product and I'm hoping will work as well...I'll let you know...

And another question, if anybody has any suggestions, there seems to be some little pinprick spots of mildew on the diaper covers from rinsing and hanging to dry. It specifically says not to use bleach - i think that will break down the rubber....I tried spray on bathroom cleaner (logical, right? ) but that didn't work...

Fossil  
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Sep 24, 2007  7:34 PM 9

Originally posted by alligator
And another question, if anybody has any suggestions, there seems to be some little pinprick spots of mildew on the diaper cover

Try lemon juice - works like bleach but doesn't break down fibres the same way

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
heaven2  
Add heaven2 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from heaven2
Send a Private Message to heaven2!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in the swim.
Cheers!
Addiction Index™: 1147
Mar 04, 2008  9:41 PM 10

Maybe it was Dominion that discontinued carrying Amaze? as opposed to it not being produced?

Amaze is a longtime favorite of mine. I've been looking for it since reading this thread and just yesterday found it at London Drugs!!! In store and on their online site.

Denise  
I live for Juju!

Committed in Sep 2005
I'm in
NB
Mar 05, 2008  2:57 PM 11

i saw it at Sobeys recently

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Baby Food Stains (Carrots....)   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
7:11 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)