It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Official R1 Ghibli DVDs to be released April 15th

Official R1 Ghibli DVDs to be released April 15th

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Mar 18, 2003  2:40 PM 16

Originally posted by Webslinger
I suspect Amazon.com just packaged the three separate dvds together for a bundled savings. That said, ordering all three from amazon.ca is still cheaper (Canadian funds as opposed to U.S.): you will also get free shipping, and there are $10 off $50 amazon.ca coupons to be found as well.

Yes, what you've said is mostly true, but each person has to determine what is the best deal and lowest price for themselves because there are other factors to consider. In my case, I have to consider Share the Love discounts and $25 in gift certificates for Amazon.com, and Ontario taxes for Amazon.ca. What's cheaper for you might not be what's cheaper for me, and vice versa.

Juju-ized Amazon.ca Link

Dave.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Raxel  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Raxel to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Raxel
Send a Private Message to Raxel!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 264
Mar 18, 2003  6:15 PM 17

Oh well, I will buy these from amazon.ca this time, I guess they won't have bilingual covers and the shipping will be way faster.

Reggie T  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Reggie T to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Reggie T
Send a Private Message to Reggie T!Visit Reggie T's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Calgary
Alberta
Addiction Index™: 214
Mar 28, 2003  12:45 AM 18

In a related note, I just saw a TV trailer for Spirited Away during commercial time for my local news broadcast. I guess this film will be getting a much more wider release in theaters this time thanks to the Acadamy Award it won. Looking forward to seeing it this Friday in a theater that is not my local art house theater.

In the book of life, I am nothing but a plot device.
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Mar 28, 2003  2:45 AM 19

Chapters.Indigo Gift Cards!

Originally posted by Reggie T
In a related note, I just saw a TV trailer for Spirited Away during commercial time for my local news broadcast. I guess this film will be getting a much more wider release in theaters this time thanks to the Acadamy Award it won. Looking forward to seeing it this Friday in a theater that is not my local art house theater.

Even though I already have a "version" of it on DVD, I hope they don't delay the release of the DVD because of this theatrical re-release.

Dave.

Edited by Rustling Leaf on
Mar 28, 2003 at 2:46 AM

Webslinger  
Recently Committed Human
Add Webslinger to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Webslinger
Send a Private Message to Webslinger!

Committed in Dec 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 27
Mar 30, 2003  12:55 PM 20

Originally posted by Rustling Leaf

Even though I already have a "version" of it on DVD, I hope they don't delay the release of the DVD because of this theatrical re-release.

Dave.

It won't be delayed:
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/ne...48876741,19215,

sheranaway  
Succumbing to Mind Control...
Add sheranaway to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sheranaway
Send a Private Message to sheranaway!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in London
ON
Addiction Index™: 85
Apr 15, 2003  1:18 PM 21

I just received mine today and btw, amazon.ca is still selling them at the pre-order prices with 24 hr shipping. For anyone who doesn't already know, each title is a 2-dvd set with lots of neat bonus material (ie. original japanese trailers, storyboards, etc.), as well as English, Japanese, and French language tracks.

willietheshakes  
Recently Committed Human
Add willietheshakes to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from willietheshakes
Send a Private Message to willietheshakes!

Committed in Oct 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 29
Apr 15, 2003  5:03 PM 22

Not a lot of GREAT deals to be found on these, but this worked for me:
Went to Zellers with a Superstore flyer.
Got a pricematch on all 3 (Spirited and Kiki down to $24.xx, Laputa to $21.xx, as per Superstore's price).
Bought Kiki and Spirited together to use the "Buy 2, get $4 off" coupon stuck to the front of Kiki.
Opened Spirited Away for another coupon, $2 off, which I used to purchase Laputa...

YMMV

Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Apr 16, 2003  12:51 AM 23

Originally posted by willietheshakes
Not a lot of GREAT deals to be found on these, but this worked for me:
Went to Zellers with a Superstore flyer.
Got a pricematch on all 3 (Spirited and Kiki down to $24.xx, Laputa to $21.xx, as per Superstore's price).
Bought Kiki and Spirited together to use the "Buy 2, get $4 off" coupon stuck to the front of Kiki.
Opened Spirited Away for another coupon, $2 off, which I used to purchase Laputa...

YMMV

Cool, thanks for that step-by-step buying guide!
It's too bad we Canadians can't use those $3 off coupons found in Better Homes & Gardens, Parents, and Women's Day, but $4 off and $2 off ain't too shabby.

Dave.

spike-spiegel  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add spike-spiegel to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from spike-spiegel
Send a Private Message to spike-spiegel!

Committed in Jul 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 188
Apr 17, 2003  2:20 PM 24

Anyone know where I can get any one of these in-store for the lowest price?

spikespiegel-33 @ eBay (66+)
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Official R1 Ghibli DVDs to be released April 15th   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
7:11 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)