It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Itchy dog

Itchy dog

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
sammyj  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add sammyj to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sammyj
Send a Private Message to sammyj!

Committed in Dec 2002
I'm in Hampton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 175
Oct 04, 2010  7:59 AM 1

Would anyone know what else to use to help my poor doggie with the itchies. No fleas, or any other thing that might make her itch except maybe allergies. When she is on the steroid from the vet it helps but can't keep her on that forever and benadryl just does not help. Any other ideas. thanks

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Oct 05, 2010  7:57 AM 2

Originally posted by sammyj
Would anyone know what else to use to help my poor doggie with the itchies. No fleas, or any other thing that might make her itch except maybe allergies. When she is on the steroid from the vet it helps but can't keep her on that forever and benadryl just does not help. Any other ideas. thanks

I have to be careful with my Bichon because her skin will itch and she will chew herself raw. I make sure I use an anti-itch pet shampoo when I bathe her. It's really important you use dog shampoo and not human baby shampoo because the ph is different. Right now I am using "Wahl Oatmeal and Aloe shampoo" from the pet department at Walmart.

sammyj  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add sammyj to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sammyj
Send a Private Message to sammyj!

Committed in Dec 2002
I'm in Hampton
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 175
Oct 05, 2010  8:28 AM 3

Mine is a little shitz shu who is prone to dy skin also I take her to the groomer to get bathed so I dont use any shampoo on her at home at all. It was seasonal allergies and we changed her food also so maybe will have to call the vet again and see if I can get her back on the itchy pills from him to get over the fall season. Just don't know.

Fossil  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Oct 05, 2010  2:12 PM 4

What kind of dog & how big? I have a Newfoundland who gets the itchys every summer & chews himself - benedryl helps him, but you might try a different kind of antihistimine and make sure you have the correct dosage. I find diaper cream (the zinc kind) works really well for chewed spots too.

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
Ivy  
Slavegirl
Add Ivy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Ivy
Send a Private Message to Ivy!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in
Vancouver BC
Addiction Index™: 4540
Oct 05, 2010  5:25 PM 5

My dog was the same way at the end of Aug. She wasn't really scratching too much but she was wimpering a lot just out of the blue or in the middle of the night.

We finally figured it out and realized her skin was bugging her. Took her to the puppy spa and they used something with tea tree oil in it. Worked like a charm and no wet dog smell at all after either.

Not sure what it was...chaneg in the weather maybe or perhaps an allergy to something in the environment. She has been wimper free for the last 2 weeks.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Itchy dog   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
3:24 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)