It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   12 13 14 15   16   17 18 19 20  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
termit  
I live for Juju!
Add termit to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from termit
Send a Private Message to termit!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in the mood for christmas!!!
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1896
Dec 02, 2004  7:14 PM 226

Originally posted by ronnie99

Termit was seeing that new posts were made (she saw the names of the people that had posted) but couldn't see the posts when she went into the thread.

I figured it was her cache when someone else mentioned that they had read the posts, but she couldn't see those same posts...

It probably did have to do with the delay in Free though. I've seen in the main list that so-and-so had posted, but there's no such post to be found when I go looking for it too (until later)

That seemed to solve my problem i went an emptied the cache and now there is no problem.
Thanks ronnie and chdude for all your help.
termit

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Neen  

Add Neen to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Neen
Send a Private Message to Neen!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Addiction Index™: 4098
Dec 23, 2004  10:16 PM 227

Sooooo.....when is the "North Bowl" going to be displayed?? It was really cute!

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Dec 24, 2004  11:46 AM 228

I completely forgot!

-WAP! WAP! Bad slaveboy! Bad!

Neen  

Add Neen to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Neen
Send a Private Message to Neen!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Addiction Index™: 4098
Dec 24, 2004  12:12 PM 229

Great job!! Looks good!!

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
wired  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Mar 09, 2005  6:03 AM 230

ok confuzzled as usual
now i got a pm about not posting certain urls on the board and now i have to figure out what kind of urls are acceptable and which are not and how thats being judged
the url i posted was for a contest/freebie site and general all around chat (alot of the users there are here etc)
can i assume that only commercial web sites are to be posted (ie dove/homemadesimple etc??)
but not personal sites such as picturetrail? or webshots?

i think its too early in the morn and i've not had enough coffee quite yet

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Mar 10, 2005  1:55 AM 231

Originally posted by wired
ok confuzzled as usual
now i got a pm about not posting certain urls on the board and now i have to figure out what kind of urls are acceptable and which are not and how thats being judged
the url i posted was for a contest/freebie site and general all around chat (alot of the users there are here etc)
can i assume that only commercial web sites are to be posted (ie dove/homemadesimple etc??)
but not personal sites such as picturetrail? or webshots?

i think its too early in the morn and i've not had enough coffee quite yet

There is one thread in FREE for posting other freebie sites. Other than that you can't post other freebie sites just for the hell of it. This rule is in place because the owners of other sites can simply make up 20 usernames and keep posting a link to their sites ==> SPAM. This includes via PMs -- we've had admins of other sites bombard tons our members with "Visit our freebie site at www...." PMs. SPAM via PMs is still SPAM -- and it's SPAM even if it's only done once.

Sites that directly offer freebies are OK to be posted -- unless the poster is affiliated with the site in some way. Again, this is an anti-spam measure. Things would quickly get out of control if we just let sites "advertise" under the guise of "information" -- it's an unfortunate reality of life on the internet.

Please read Rule#1 for lots of specifics:
http://www.goldfishlegs.net/bowl/mi...=faq&page=4

Feel free to ask more questions if you're still unsure.

Costa The Slaveboy
Nemo  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Nemo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Nemo
Send a Private Message to Nemo!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in my own little world!
Beautiful BC!
Addiction Index™: 328
May 10, 2005  5:54 PM 232

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
I noticed this too, but there's not much we can do since this area is the melting pot of the Bowl. I'm a stickler for minimalism, but I don't see much that can be cut.

My suggestion: use the SPACE BAR. It doubles as "page down". No more carpal tunnel!

[added: I reworked the subforum descriptions to use one less line each, and unstuck a now-obsolete "Posting Guidelines" -- so that's 2 less lines - yay! )

GENIUS!!! I owe you my thanks as I am sure had my scrolling kept up I would be having surgery!! Awesome tip, Thanks again!

Nemo

RAT_SALAD  

Add RAT_SALAD to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from RAT_SALAD
Send a Private Message to RAT_SALAD!

Committed in May 2005
I'm in winnipeg
manitoba
Addiction Index™: 160
May 12, 2005  3:26 PM 233

Im sorry, I forgot to ask y'all if it was ok that I started a thread. I know there's alot of things that don't really need to be there. If there's any problems, I'm sorry, and just tell me and take it off.

I'm always so

get freebies now, ask what they are later.
chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
May 12, 2005  3:33 PM 234

New & Hot Teen Books at Chapters!

For sure it's ok to start new threads! Try not to duplicate something that's already in the works (you can use the search feature to check), but we welcome new discussions.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
RAT_SALAD  

Add RAT_SALAD to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from RAT_SALAD

Committed in May 2005
I'm in winnipeg
manitoba
May 12, 2005  3:37 PM 235

Originally posted by chdude3
For sure it's ok to start new threads! Try not to duplicate something that's already in the works (you can use the search feature to check), but we welcome new discussions.

ok cool thanks man

RAT_SALAD  

Committed in May 2005
I'm in winnipeg
manitoba
May 19, 2005  1:53 PM 236

I want to know if it's ok that I put link to this site on other sites that I visit. How do I do that? . thanks.

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

May 19, 2005  3:43 PM 237

Originally posted by RAT_SALAD
I want to know if it's ok that I put link to this site on other sites that I visit. How do I do that? . thanks.

Sure it's ok -- no need to ask.

This link will work:

http://jujusbowl.ca

Costa The Slaveboy
RAT_SALAD  

Committed in May 2005
I'm in winnipeg
manitoba
May 19, 2005  4:31 PM 238

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
Sure it's ok -- no need to ask.

This link will work:

http://jujusbowl.ca

thanks alot!..

Fossil  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Jun 13, 2005  12:04 PM 239

I am really bad at quoting - my last post Juju or a helper fixed the quote & put a link to vbcode - but every time I try it it says page cannot be displayed. Can you tell me where to find the instructions so I can figure out the quote thing? Thanks

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Jun 13, 2005  12:28 PM 240

Originally posted by Fossil
I am really bad at quoting - my last post Juju or a helper fixed the quote & put a link to vbcode - but every time I try it it says page cannot be displayed. Can you tell me where to find the instructions so I can figure out the quote thing? Thanks

Hit reply with quote, right under the message you want to quote. Don't change anything, and don't post any where between the {quote} and {/quote}.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   12 13 14 15   16   17 18 19 20  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
7:56 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)