It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Need Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Need Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Hayseed Hannah  
I live for Juju!
Add Hayseed Hannah to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Hayseed Hannah
Send a Private Message to Hayseed Hannah!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3687
Feb 16, 2005  4:00 PM 16

Great ideas everyone, thanks so much! I think I'm definately going to stay away from those cute little outfits as tempting as they may be.

After the baby shower I go to in 2 wks, another friend of ours is pregnant and is due in May so I'll be checking this thread again. Last year everyone got married and now the baby boom!

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Radeon  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Radeon to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Radeon
Send a Private Message to Radeon!

Committed in Mar 2004
I'm in Yarmouth
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 412
Feb 16, 2005  6:19 PM 17

Gripe water was my best friend 7 years ago when my little boy was a tiny baby. That child was SO collicky. I am telling you that is something you want to have on hand so no one has to wait with the screaming baby while the other one races to buy the gripe water
I did get a gift certificate to a drugstore when I had my son as well and It was a such a good Idea. Becasue as a new parent there is always stuff you forget about getting.

~ Sorry Brad, It's Not Your Baby, I got tired of Waiting :) ~
Hayseed Hannah  
I live for Juju!
Add Hayseed Hannah to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Hayseed Hannah
Send a Private Message to Hayseed Hannah!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3687
Feb 17, 2005  1:31 PM 18

Wow, I went shopping last night and I can't believe the price of baby stuff! Unbelievable...... Anyways, I picked up my large item and am now looking for little throw in items.....

$5.00 for one of those gel teething rings? I know my kids are older, but the prices are ridiculous. $10.00 for a pack of 6 baby socks? It's no wonder both parents work nowadays. I don't know how single parents manage.

Raven  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Raven to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Raven
Send a Private Message to Raven!

Committed in Apr 2003
I'm in Toronto
ON
Addiction Index™: 253
Feb 17, 2005  2:27 PM 19

Originally posted by Hayseed Hannah
Wow, I went shopping last night and I can't believe the price of baby stuff! Unbelievable......

It's no wonder both parents work nowadays. I don't know how single parents manage.

I know lots of parents (including myself) that shop second-hand or have things given to them by other friends, family, etc. who have older kids.

And as much as I hate to shop there, Walmart can be a parent's best friend.

The thing is though, is that there are THOUSANDS of products made for kids now that weren't available when "we were growing up". Obviously, you DON'T need all those things. The best advice I ever got was from a woman who taught a baby care class at a hospital: "All your baby really needs is YOU!" (They don't need the 6-in-1 fancy stroller, the fancy $200 educational toys, etc.)

Just wait until the new parents find out the cost of daycare!

Radeon  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Radeon to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Radeon
Send a Private Message to Radeon!

Committed in Mar 2004
I'm in Yarmouth
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 412
Feb 17, 2005  9:26 PM 20

Originally posted by Hayseed Hannah
Wow, I went shopping last night and I can't believe the price of baby stuff! Unbelievable...... Anyways, I picked up my large item and am now looking for little throw in items.....

$5.00 for one of those gel teething rings? I know my kids are older, but the prices are ridiculous. $10.00 for a pack of 6 baby socks? It's no wonder both parents work nowadays. I don't know how single parents manage.

Dollarstores are great! You can usually get all kinds of baby stuff there and it saves a TON.

~ Sorry Brad, It's Not Your Baby, I got tired of Waiting :) ~
clarabell  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add clarabell to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from clarabell
Send a Private Message to clarabell!

Committed in Aug 2002
I'm in somewhere
New Brunswick
Addiction Index™: 266
Feb 18, 2005  8:34 AM 21

Yes the Dollar store is a perfect place to load up on a lot of baby items ,why pay more when you can snag a great deal

crazy_cats70  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add crazy_cats70 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from crazy_cats70
Send a Private Message to crazy_cats70!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in to being a Mommy to Madison!

Addiction Index™: 338
Mar 04, 2005  2:06 PM 22

I have a 3 month old girl and the best present was the nursing pillow...I used it to support my back while still pregnant, and great for baby to sleep in...also got a Fisher Price Oceans Wonder vibrating bouncy chair....baby loved from about the second week on!

HadEnough  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add HadEnough to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from HadEnough

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in Richmond
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 167
Mar 07, 2005  9:26 PM 23

Robeez, the leather baby slippers, are awesome. They cost about $25 and are sized so that each size can be worn for up to 6 months. They are all-leather, created and made in Canada (Burnaby, BC) by a mom, and come in adorable designs. There are a lot of knock-offs out there too which are just a few dollars cheaper (some are very poor quality), and they are prized on Ebay (can almost get all your money back!) and in consignment stores second-hand.
They must be good--Brooke Shields's baby was wearing them in a magazine article!
Robeez Website for online purchases or to find a store.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > Need Baby Shower Gift Ideas   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
2:38 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)